Trump was planning peace talks with the Taliban at Camp David the week before the 9/11 Anniversary

Bink

It’s unclear exactly who thought we should have negotiations and who was against them, but Trump cancelled them...

And I’m all for negotiating a deal. We want to get out of Afghanistan. This isn’t Al Qaeda, it’s the Taliban. Some people seem to conflate the 2. Both suck, but they aren’t the same thing.

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s unclear exactly who thought we should have negotiations and who was against them, but Trump cancelled them...

And I’m all for negotiating a deal. We want to get out of Afghanistan. This isn’t Al Qaeda, it’s the Taliban. Some people seem to conflate the 2. Both suck, but they aren’t the same thing.

I'm trying to find more real information about this. It's a pretty strange piece of news (all things considered) to catch out of the blue. 

11 hours ago, Bink said:

I'm trying to find more real information about this. It's a pretty strange piece of news (all things considered) to catch out of the blue. 

The thing that was interesting to me was Pompeo saying directly to the media “we’ve killed more than 1000 Taliban in the past ten days” while the peace talks were called off of the killing of a single soldier. Yeah, that makes sense at every level. 

Archived