Snap Counts vs Browns

Jonboy

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think based on the snap counts of Humphries and Firkser the plan was clearly to gameplan around the loss of Lewan (and maybe to a lesser extent Pamphile) and be bigger with a more blocking and heavy set plan.  

Yup. Vrabels post game gave that away. He stated don’t worry WRs we will get you involved soon.

3 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Yup. Vrabels post game gave that away. He stated don’t worry WRs we will get you involved soon.

I think it may be slightly more wide open this week as the Colts front 7 isn't as good as the Browns.  But I'd expect them to go back to the same plan against Jacksonville in week 3.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I think based on the snap counts of Humphries and Firkser the plan was clearly to gameplan around the loss of Lewan (and maybe to a lesser extent Pamphile) and be bigger with a more blocking and heavy set plan.  

Definitely seemed the case. Also worth noting that Brown got the snaps over Humphries as the #2 WR confirming my suspicion he's the real #2 over him and Sharpe.

I hope Henry gets a larger share of snaps than 60 40 over Lewis. I was wrong about Lewis, looking back at his play with the Pats he ran tough and was quick but he had way more room to run in system/with that OL. He's no James White. His speed is lacking severely. I'd give Dawkins a shot at this point.

6 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

I thought Jonnu looked really good, and his snap count was highest amongst the TE group. 

His speed is impressive, I’d like to see him used more

Pretty crazy what Brown and Wake did playing less than 50% of the snaps. 

In the game thread, some were worried about us overusing Wake. If anything, we may have underused him.

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Pretty crazy what Brown and Wake did playing less than 50% of the snaps. 

In the game thread, some were worried about us overusing Wake. If anything, we may have underused him.

2.5 sacks and a safety based on 33% of snaps is hella impressive.  If he keeps that up all year, this defense has a chance to just demoralize opposing QBs.  Think of how much better the secondary plays when there is pressure too.  I could see forced turnovers going up dramatically.  

A healthy and productive Wake is a big deal.  

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Yeah I could see more of the same over the next few weeks and then as we ramp up to get Humphries and Firkser more involved once Lewan and Pamphile are back. May just be totally matchup dependent with as many weapons as we have now. 

Archived