Cameron Wake - week #1

nine

1 minute ago, nine said:

Let the record show that Cameron Wake registered 2.5 sacks and a safety in week one....and he was on the field for only 24 snaps.

Beast mode.

I’ve seen tons of Dolphins fans say that he will lead the Titans in sacks even in a limited role. He’s a beast.

5 minutes ago, Thrill said:

This isn’t any takeaway of what Wake did, but I thought Honor deserved at least two half sacks today. He was there on the first fumble and the safety I believe, but wake was a twitch quicker to the qb which is unreal.

Yep.   Landry was also very effective and had good pressure on several plays.    He'll get his share this year.

It's also worth noting that Mayfield is excellent at avoiding pressure and is hard to bring down in the pocket.   There were at least 3-4 plays that would have been sacks for most other QB's....but Mayfield's mobility allowed him to avoid the sack and get rid of the ball.    Very Russell Wilson-esque.

34 minutes ago, nine said:

Let the record show that Cameron Wake registered 2.5 sacks and a safety in week one....and he was on the field for only 24 snaps.

Beast mode.

He also knocked out the Browns' backup left tackle on the safety. You don't want to see a player get hurt, but that definitely impacted their execution and limited the gameplan.  The dude is a force with his bend/explosion and his speed-to-power ability will put a tackle on skates if takes a misstep or two.

Wake is exactly what this defense needed. After that first drve by the Browns, the defense was in the backfield nearly every snap. Pees called a GREAT game and made excellent adjustments as the game progressed. Impressive!

Some commentator mentioned that the fact the secondary has been playing together for over a year really is not mentioned enough. Those 4 or 5 guys know where each other will be. I dont think I noticed any blown coverages.

Inside LBs have been playing together for a year and OLBs are upgraded.

When Sommons comes back and even plays to 80% of his hype, holy shit this D will be scary.

Yeah. I thought Landry looked great, but Wake was in beast mode. Finch played well, too actually, and Evans and Brown made some plays. Hell, Brown tipped the ball right to Jackson for an easy INT...but nope!

Landry helped on some pressure, for sure. He's going to be good. Can't wait until Simmons gets out there. Our pressure with just 4 guys was good on several plays. If you can do that, you will win some games.