AJ Brown looks like the WR we thought we were getting when we drafted Davis

japan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a guy people are saying isn't fast, he had the two most explosive plays by a receiver. I don't care what his 40 is, his game quickness and body control downfield make him a threat.

Brown looks legit. Brushing guys off him after the catch. Super impressed considering he missed most of camp. 

Posted Images

It was fun to see, but Davis was wide open a few times and Mariota just missed him. Can't really put that on Davis. I think Brown finally gives us a legit guy opposite, and with Walker looking healthy, if our OL can protect for just a half second longer, we should see some big games from Davis and Brown. Love our WRs right now

It doesn’t have to be either/or. We have both and it’s WR so we get to play them both. Plus if Brown keeps it up they won’t be able to double Davis as much. Either way it’s going to open up Walker to have some field days this year.

We’re very fortunate that we seem to have two legitimate players at receiver.

1 minute ago, TitansGuru said:

It doesn’t have to be either/or. We have both and it’s WR so we get to play them both. Plus if Brown keeps it up they won’t be able to double Davis as much. Either way it’s going to open up Walker to have some field days this year.

The team couldn’t muster one since Mason and when we do we somehow might have 2.

38 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

And I still think Humphries will be a big impact in games where the OL won't need so much TE help. Our WR upgrade this season is significant and having Walker back is huge. We could put up some serious points.

1 hour ago, Alcibiades said:

It was fun to see, but Davis was wide open a few times and Mariota just missed him. Can't really put that on Davis. I think Brown finally gives us a legit guy opposite, and with Walker looking healthy, if our OL can protect for just a half second longer, we should see some big games from Davis and Brown. Love our WRs right now

Strange that Mariota and Davis have never really been able to get on the same page since he was drafted.  And I know I'll here about how he can't throw to anyone but he seems to have a connection with Walker and even with Brown already.

15 minutes ago, japan said:

Strange that Mariota and Davis have never really been able to get on the same page since he was drafted.  And I know I'll here about how he can't throw to anyone but he seems to have a connection with Walker and even with Brown already.

It's coming.. they will have to pay more attention to Brown soon. First year he was a rookie and missed time. Second year there's been no one else to throw it to with Walker hurt so he was doubled all season and still "quietly" caught 65 passes and almost 900 yards and was our leading pass catcher. He will definitely eat this year.

1 hour ago, TitansGuru said:

Humphries was a ghost out there Sunday. Idk what the deal was there, but he should be a key cog going forward too in moving the chains.

22 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Humphries was a ghost out there Sunday. Idk what the deal was there, but he should be a key cog going forward too in moving the chains.

AJB and Delanie got the lion’s share  yesterday, but I’m sure that will change from week to week based on matchups.  

The good news that for the first time in a looooong time, the team has multiple  options who are capable of producing at a high level;  defenses can’t gameplan to contain one or two guys and expect to win.  Between Davis, AJB, Hump, and Delanie....any of them could produce a 100+ yard 2 TD performance against the right matchup. 

And if a team finds a way to account for all of them.... just turn and hand the ball to Henry.

4 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

It's telling that whenever we get two promising players at the same position, our very first instinct as a board is to pit them against each other. It's that same toxic mentality that gave us the worthless Lewis vs Henry debacle last season. 

3 hours ago, japan said:

Pretty easy. Davis plays outside most of the time and Mariota sucks outside the hash marks.