OILERMAN

Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

8 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

This is what was perplexing about last year - he didnt have a game where he played meh and still got amazing stats. QBs benefit from this stats wise which is why the stats argument had holes.

he lost his redzone target that caught 2 today in walker. .. and he had a shit arm.. and his #1 reciever from the year before quit. 

you wont throw many TDs like that. 

he couldve played better today during that 2nd quarter stretch. that pass rush was real and the line wasnt in sync back there. he couldve done better on a couple of plays.

this whole thread is about those plays. which is dumb, but it is what it is. 

10 minutes ago, Hooty_McBoob said:

Watch how many throws he makes using his upper body only. It’s part of the reason the balls sail on him and lack zip. He has to step into them to get more velocity. It’s maddening that he basically throws flat footed. 

So true. When he scrambles or has to reset in the pocket, his lower body goes limp and his mechanics are horrible. If he was a naturally accurate passer he might be able to get away with it, but he's not.

33 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Wtf? What am I missing? Am I watching a different game in which Mariota didn’t throw for 250+ and 3 TD?

You're not missing anything, you're a clueless idiot who everyone constantly laughs at 

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

What had nothing to do with the QBs?  The win wasn't affected by one QB throwing 3 TDs and no turnovers while the other took TONS of sacks, gave up a safety, fumbled and threw multiple INTs... with a pick six?

Meaning I thought the Titans would win even with a big disadvantage at QB. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Meaning I thought the Titans would win even with a big disadvantage at QB. 

So?

I predicted they'd win, too.  Good for us?

Oh wait.  Dumbass.

(Now I'm cool, right?)

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Guys - don't bother with the agenda-thumpers.  They are NEVERWRONG.  This thread proves it.  They are so pissed the Titans won today.

No one is pissed the Titans win. Stop being a clown. Mariota today reinforced why he's not the answer. Only a moron would use his stat line to suggest otherwise.

11 minutes ago, nine said:

Mariota obviously wasn’t great...but he was productive, was highly effective in the red zone and played mistake-free football.  The single biggest criticism of his performance  was that he misfired on 2-3 throws.  

14/24, 248 yards, 3 TD’s, 0 turnovers.   133.3 passer rating. 

At worst, it was an extremely  high-level game manager performance.  

against a very very good front 7 with a patchwork passblocking oline. 

I thought Mariota started the game out looking ok, got rattled by the pressure and the hits after the 3rd or 4th drive, played poorly until the 4th quarter or so where he was decent enough. Just a meh game overall.

9 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Yup.  Same issues that have plagued him.  Missed open WRs (Sharpe and Davis) in the 1st half and he still holds onto the ball  too long.  Took a bad sack on 1st down that pushed them out of Fg range.  

I thought Smith called a great game and managed Mariota well.

i think he did well for his first time calling a game.. but romo was right about the way we dropped him straight back alot against that massive dline and didnt use play action nearly enough. also some criticisms about going conservative after a big play...

...but to complain about the way that game was called after putting up 35 offensive points is about as dumb as complaining about the QB play when he throws 3TDs/0INTs and we win by 4 scores.