OILERMAN

Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

I think the hope now is can he become a mistake-free game manager who makes occasional plays with his legs?

Yep. A guy that ideally is passing 20-25 times per game mostly short passes or screens.

How much does replacing MM with RT improve this team?

If we want to replace him in the offseason how do we do that? The free agents available all suck and unless you move up to 1 or 2 your chance of hitting is incredibly low even in the first round.

If he gets injured that makes the decision for us, but if we keep winning and go to the playoffs we are not going to have many options to replace him.

10 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If you dont realize Mariota was bad for most of the game you are blind or don't understand football. He's game manager at this point which is sad. I hope they keep winning but dont let the outcome twist the truth.

Considering how Mariota ended last year, no one should have expected more.  If he stays healthy, I actually expect MM to improve during the course of the year.  I think he can be above avg...

Edited by VaTitan

Just now, Titans279 said:

How much does replacing MM with RT improve this team?

If we want to replace him in the offseason how do we do that? The free agents available all suck and unless you move up to 1 or 2 your chance of hitting is incredibly low even in the first round.

If he gets injured that makes the decision for us, but if we keep winning and go to the playoffs we are not going to have many options to replace him.

Depends. 1st half mariota or 2nd half mariota? 

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If you dont realize Mariota was bad for most of the game you are blind or don't understand football. He's game manager at this point which is sad. I hope they keep winning but dont let the outcome twist the truth.

He had a bad to middling first half and a great 2nd half. We'll see how the season plays out.