OILERMAN

Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Clearly you are confused...

I can’t remember if it’s you or someone else, but I feel like you’re always super critical of the plays in game chat. Then again, most of TR is. That’s why I just do game thread if anything now. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

I can’t remember if it’s you or someone else, but I feel like you’re always super critical of the plays in game chat. Then again, most of TR is. That’s why I just do game thread if anything now. 

I’m only critical of bad plays. I guess that’s a crime to homers...

What kind of performance would it take for Mariota to get benched in game for Tannehill?

The thing is he is so conservative with the ball that he's very unlikely to have a ton of picks.

7 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah, but he'll be 29 y/o in 17 days. He should know to do that by now shouldn't he? May be that he's doing all this juking because he knows he's slowing down with the age. Second guessing tackling his mental game.

I’m thinking he had a good streak in an elite offense and thought he was a better player than he actually was, so he’s trying to make plays... but he’s not good enough on his own. 

22 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Did Mariota drive the length of the field once last week?

The 75 yards screen and the first TD drive went 80+ but the Browns had 40 yards of penalties and gave the Titans like 5 first downs. 

After the first TD drive the longest drive was 44 yards, aside from the screen

7 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I’m only critical of bad plays. I guess that’s a crime to homers...

Not a homer, but thanks for playing anyway. 

And from what I recall, you are usually pretty bad about thinking every player sucks when there is a negative play. You compound and exaggerate poor play and are pretty bad with being reactionary. 

Again, I could be thinking of someone else because I haven’t been in game chat in a cool minute. Either way. 

14 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The 75 yards screen and the first TD drive went 80+ but the Browns had 40 yards of penalties and gave the Titans like 5 first downs. 

After the first TD drive the longest drive was 44 yards, aside from the screen

That's a long way of saying "no" 🙂

Titans are going to play disciplined defenses that take away chunk plays and don't make mistakes.  That's when the QB needs to carry.

Let's see how it goes with the Colts.

9 minutes ago, patsplat said:

That's a long way of saying "no" 🙂

Titans are going to play disciplined defenses that take away chunk plays and don't make mistakes.  That's when the QB needs to carry.

Let's see how it goes with the Colts.

"All we can do is play the opponent across from us."

Same principle here. It's actually not a knock on the offense that they didn't have to drive the length of the field. That's Cleveland's retardation at work. And kudos to the offense for capitalizing. There've been plenty of times in recent memory when that didn't happen.

The Browns were an anomaly though, like you say. Most defenses aren't going to be so generous.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

"All we can do is play the opponent across from us."

Same principle here. It's actually not a knock on the offense that they didn't have to drive the length of the field. That's Cleveland's retardation at work. And kudos to the offense for capitalizing. There've been plenty of times in recent memory when that didn't happen.

The Browns were an anomaly though, like you say. Most defenses aren't going to be so generous.

I was disappointed in the successful down field shots that resulted in FGs.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

And from what I recall, you are usually pretty bad about thinking every player sucks when there is a negative play. You compound and exaggerate poor play and are pretty bad with being reactionary. 

Again, I could be thinking of someone else because I haven’t been in game chat in a cool minute. Either way. 

Again, you are confused...

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

What kind of performance would it take for Mariota to get benched in game for Tannehill?

The thing is he is so conservative with the ball that he's very unlikely to have a ton of picks.

Probably a game like the Ravens game last year, but they'd probably bring him back as starter the next game. I think it would take an injury or a total meltdown over multiple games. 

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Didn't he throw 3 or 4 picks against Pit last year?

Some will laugh hysterically, but I'm not so sure Vrabel wouldn't have pulled him in the 3rd against the Browns had he started the 2nd half the way he played the 1st. He came out in the 3rd though and immediately hit AJ for the 51 yard gain. 

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Didn't he throw 3 or 4 picks against Pit last year?

Some will laugh hysterically, but I'm not so sure Vrabel wouldn't have pulled him in the 3rd against the Browns had he started the 2nd half the way he played the 1st. He came out in the 3rd though and immediately hit AJ for the 51 yard gain. 

I will laugh hysterically.

Its too soon for that. He wasn’t killing the game himself like Baker did. He just missed a handful of passes.

If he would have pulled him that’s that for Mariota. If he was on that short of a leash they should just put Tannehill in now. 

I believe by half everyone was believing the Browns were imploding. With their O line in shambles it was just a waiting game for Baker to be pressured into a mistake. Their defense was being over aggressive and sack hungry. Perfect play to call after they score.  We had tried to run it earlier but Henry hot caught up in the blocking. Nice adjustment to move him further out away from everyone.