Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

What kind of performance would it take for Mariota to get benched in game for Tannehill?

The thing is he is so conservative with the ball that he's very unlikely to have a ton of picks.

Probably a game like the Ravens game last year, but they'd probably bring him back as starter the next game. I think it would take an injury or a total meltdown over multiple games. 

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Titans279 said:

What kind of performance would it take for Mariota to get benched in game for Tannehill?

The thing is he is so conservative with the ball that he's very unlikely to have a ton of picks.

Didn't he throw 3 or 4 picks against Pit last year?

Some will laugh hysterically, but I'm not so sure Vrabel wouldn't have pulled him in the 3rd against the Browns had he started the 2nd half the way he played the 1st. He came out in the 3rd though and immediately hit AJ for the 51 yard gain. 

11 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Some will laugh hysterically, but I'm not so sure Vrabel wouldn't have pulled him in the 3rd against the Browns had he started the 2nd half the way he played the 1st. He came out in the 3rd though and immediately hit AJ for the 51 yard gain. 

I will laugh hysterically.

Its too soon for that. He wasn’t killing the game himself like Baker did. He just missed a handful of passes.

If he would have pulled him that’s that for Mariota. If he was on that short of a leash they should just put Tannehill in now. 

43 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The Pittsburgh game was in 2017. Last year he only threw multiple picks in the Miami game which were on the two consecutive throws after his injury IIRC

He had more multi-pick games in 2017 though.

It's an interesting question. I have been trying to think if there's like a standing ~10% chance Mariota will get benched due to performance every week or if it's only going to be injury.

If they bench him due to performance they have to be sure they're ready to say the Mariota era is over. As much as you just want it to be performance that dictates who plays benching a starting QB is different.

The titans dont put him positions to rack up INTs and he’s so risk adverse he’ll take sacks like the Ravens vs throwing risky passes. 

If the offense stalls because of him 2-3 games in a row his job would be at risk 

12 hours ago, socaltitan said:

Lewis has been a disappointment

I would like to see Lewis and Henry line up together a few times a game.  Lewis is better in traffic because he's shifty so put Henry in to draw attention and go play action or screen to Lewis. But to your point Lewis has been disappointing so far.

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The 75 yards screen and the first TD drive went 80+ but the Browns had 40 yards of penalties and gave the Titans like 5 first downs. 

After the first TD drive the longest drive was 44 yards, aside from the screen

It was 4 first downs...2 would have been 1st downs anyway and the penalties on those two cost us yards in the end..20 yards

Drive started inside the 10 I think cause personal foul on Titans on kick off

But whatever