Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, cenj said:

I can't blame anybody for losing fandom. It's a bunch of grown ass men playing a kid's game, and we're a bunch of adults spending money, time, and mental energy caring about other people playing a game. We're not even the ones playing.

Now, I love it and watch every sunday, but it's a bit silly to act all macho and call people pussies, demanding people continue watching other paid adults lose a game for decades, as if watching was some some badge of respect.

There are so many better ways to spend your time and money. It makes zero sense to be a fan of a shitty team nowadays. The ones who keep watching are idiots. I wish to hell I didn't give a shit anymore so I could get my Sundays back, but goddamnit I'm addicted.

I call him a pussy because he's whining like one. He's not going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But neither Doug Peterson or Sean McVay are here so would it really have been better? There's a lot that goes into a player's success or lack thereof. So who knows? Maybe it would have been better, but maybe it would have been worse.

For better or worse, Mariota was still the right call imo. And I don't even necessarily like saying that, not because I'm out on Mariota but because it actually gives Ruston Webster credit I don't want to give him.

Yes it would have. Stop believing the most important position in football is most important to the success of a team.

Mariota's failures are his own. You can slow a person's growth but you shouldn't stop it. And again, his issues coming out of college have been his issues in the NFL. 

Andrew Luck took a beating from a badly run franchise and still put up numbers until it was no longer worth it for him. But as a player, he still exceeded his coaching and surroundings. Because he was a franchise QB.

That said, I think drafting Mariota made sense at the time. You don't avoid drafting a QB you believe in because you believe you'll be drafting that high a year later. 

Edited by big2033

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I call him a pussy because he's whining like one. He's not going anywhere.

Oh stfu with that psuedo-macho bullshit; fans are allowed to bitch. It's a fan forum. We lost.

Prag used to be on here constantly, and he isn't anymore. I've seen lots of heavy posters over the years fall off the fandom wagon. 

5 minutes ago, cenj said:

Oh stfu with that psuedo-macho bullshit; fans are allowed to bitch. It's a fan forum. We lost.

Prag used to be on here constantly, and he isn't anymore. I've seen lots of heavy posters over the years fall off the fandom wagon. 

Talked to my friend today who's a Dolphins fan. He mentioned they haven't had a QB to look to since Jay Fielder. We aren't an anomaly. 

Football should've never been serious enough for him to have to "abandon" a team. Enjoy the highs and lows because in the end it isn't life or death.

If you're going to be dramatic about a sport you ARE a pussy.

What happens to the fans when we win a title? We all ride off into the sunset? 

It continues ... so keep the sport in perspective. Or you end up falling in love with a 20-something QB as a grown man.

Edited by big2033

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

You think he'd even attempt that throw? I'd take Bortles over Mariota 10x over after that game

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the most useless professional QBing in a game I've ever seen. I said earlier and meant it, he did nothing a scared pee wee QB couldn't do

His lack of understanding game situations is likely as bad as it gets for someone with his number of starts. Yea he's terrible with his mechanics and accuracy but he doesn't know when he can't take sacks, has no command of the team and spiking the ball on 3rd and 2. He's a pretty big dumbass out there. 

"Mariota is clutch"

Another total myth that needs to be put to bed is that somehow Mariota is some clutch QB with the game on the line. 

His play with the game on the line was laughable. Took way too much time, spiked the ball on 3rd and 2, terrible pass on 4th and 2 that probably ends the game w/o a FG anyway. 

Not to mention taking the sack before the missed FG. 

This is the kind of game that could cost the Titans a playoff spot or the division, just like when he choked late in the game against SF, Rams and the Cards. 

6 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Wright hasn't caught a pass from anyone since 2017.  LOL

Hunter caught 3 last year though, for a whopping 21 yards.  3 passes on 13 targets.  Stellar.  Abso-fucking-lutely stellar.  He caught more passes for more yards in 2015 from Marcus than he has in the three years since, put together.  And did it on fewer targets in 2015 in Whiz's offense.  LOL

Maybe he should have just sat the fuck down and STFU.

Right?  Do you really think either of them were/are qualified enough to even have a valid opinion?

Just two more examples of the shit sandwich of a roster Mariota dealt with upon arriving in N'ville.

Oh wait, there was DGB too!

ROFLMAO

What about when Mariota retires and is out of the NFL because he finds out there's not actually a starting QB market for him?

You gonna acknowledge that the Titans have been dealt a shit sandwich at QB?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

"Mariota is clutch"

Another total myth that needs to be put to bed is that somehow Mariota is some clutch QB with the game on the line. 

His play with the game on the line was laughable. Took way too much time, spiked the ball on 3rd and 2, terrible pass on 4th and 2 that probably ends the game w/o a FG anyway. 

Not to mention taking the sack before the missed FG. 

This is the kind of game that could cost the Titans a playoff spot or the division, just like when he choked late in the game against SF, Rams and the Cards. 

This game was very much within reach.   The Titans led for most of the 4th quarter until the Colts took a 2-point lead with 4:40 left.    

Instead of going into the 4-minute offense and driving it down the field with Henry, they put the game on Mariota's shoulders and asked him to go win it.    

Over those final four minutes, the Titans had two possessions;   Mariota went 3-7 for 21 yards.     His biggest contribution was a 15-yard run with :30 remaining, which set the stage for horrible clock management mistakes in the next few plays.

In addition to the ill-advised spike on 3rd & 2....the game's final play selection was just straight-up stupid.   Even if he completes the pass to convert the first down, the game is still over.    With ten seconds on the clock and no time outs....throwing a short slant to the middle of the field is just flat-out dumb.     I don't know if it was Mariota or Art Smith who made the call.....but it was the type of bad decision that losing teams make.

10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

But to say he never had it is complete bullshit. 

Vinatieri is the best kicker in the history of the NFL but if you were to ask Colts fans what they think of him they would think he's shit and needs to be replaced because he can't make a simple kick and should have made his team start the season 0-2.

But hey, those Colts fans acknowledging he's a shitty kicker must take away from everything he's ever done. Get over yourself, Mariota is shitty as fuck for whatever reason you want to acknowledge. Who fucking cares what 4th Qtr comebacks he had a couple years ago.

Edited by wiscotitansfan