Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

Just now, Smokes said:

You really need to watch it.

I don't know that I have seen a Oilers/Titans QB play that poorly and have a stat line like his.

It's like he fell out of the fifth floor and landed in the penthouse.

My goodness.  It was 4 throws.  Maybe 5 at most.

We're acting like he went out and threw 5 picks or something.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smokes said:

I don't know that I have seen a Oilers/Titans QB play that poorly and have a stat line like his.

He played the first half poorly after the first drive. Second half he was good, stop talking like he was crap the whole game geez......

4 minutes ago, Smokes said:

No.. the OL was in shambles and Mariota was feeling pressure almost every drop back in the first half. He missed like 5 total throws out of 24. 

The problem is because Mariota has been "bad" the last couple years everything is now super magnified with him and every mistake incites a "Bench this Scrub!" response. 

Just now, big2033 said:

Watch the game. The problem is none of his throws look good anymore. Maybe his arm is shot.

His arm's the exact same it always was.  He's always tried to put touch on balls and make it as easy as possible for guys to catch.  

Tannehill probably has a better arm and is less skittish. Likely takes more risks... and makes more potentially egregious mistakes too.

At any rate, with Mariota’s ongoing lack of pocket awareness and amazing “ability” to run into sacks, we’ll likely get to see Tanny at some point during the season 

22 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

Wasn't our OL in shambles? Wasn't Romo endlessly talking about our OL situation? Wasn't the OL constantly being beat in one on one matchups in the first half which was a cause for Mariota to struggle? 

Yes Mariota played an average game today and he definitely missed 3 or so throws. Yes his stat line was much better than his actual play. But he didn't make any mistakes and did more positive than negative in a hostile road game against an elite defensive line with everyone watching.

Let's see how he does moving forward. At least wait until a few games in to make such a shitty thread. 

this is the exact level-headed take everyone watching the game should have come away with. 

8 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Do you think his level of play today is competent and sustainable against teams that you'll need to beat to make a run?

Eh..  For me, it's not that much about today..  Anyone who's been on this board long term knows I didn't want the team to draft Mariota.  I wanted to roll with Booger and keep racking up high draft picks (which starting Mett will get you that) until the QBOF came available.  Then they went on and drafted MM.  Ok.  First season he did things on one else had, aside from the hurts..  Then second season he was throwing no look TD's, and then the hurts.  AND THEN seasons 3 and 4...  ugh.......... Injuries and what appears to be a complete loss of confidence.   So.  We own him this season.  What about we cheer and hope he plays the whole season and pray his confidence comes back.  With age, he's learned how to not take the hit...  Maybe he can fulfill the promises he made years 1 and 2. 

If not, cut bait, resign Booger and tank for Lawrence.