Mariota is terrible and should be replaced

OILERMAN

3 minutes ago, woolfolksunclesuncle said:

Haha...I can't believe people are coming in here to gloat about *that*  Mariota performance. 

The numbers looked good, but he still wasn't. His happy feet, lack of pocket presence, and shit mechanics were still on display. I will give him credit---the 2 yards that he threw on that 75 yard to  screen to Henry looked great.

Not gloating.  Just trying to bring some levity.  Game 1.  We won.  Mariota didn't cleat himself or lose a major organ.  

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

248 and 3TDs.   Mariota just rammed his fist up Omans ass and turned him into a hand puppet.  

After re-watching the first half and rewinding plays several times....I feel a lot better about Mariota's performance.   I'm not saying it was a Mahomes-esque showing or anything....but compared to pr

mariota left about 4 plays on the field today and came away with 3 TDs and no TOs and no even close to INTs mayfield threw a TD to the other team, took a safety, fumbled on a sack, threw 3 picks,

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If you dont realize Mariota was bad for most of the game you are blind or don't understand football. He's game manager at this point which is sad. I hope they keep winning but dont let the outcome twist the truth.

Yup.  Same issues that have plagued him.  Missed open WRs (Sharpe and Davis) in the 1st half and he still holds onto the ball  too long.  Took a bad sack on 1st down that pushed them out of Fg range.  

I thought Smith called a great game and managed Mariota well.

8 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Depends. 1st half mariota or 2nd half mariota? 

I expect to see more of first half Mariota on average this year.

A lot went right for us to allow for that second half performance and to snowball to this win.

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

Man.   I think I can actually hear the agenda-thumpers crying that the Titans won!  Poor guys.  Beat their drum all summer and then get repaid by an OUTSTANDING win!  

Don't worry guys, you can beat off to your alpha, no-shaving, LOSER Bak Mayfield... just look up some highlights from last year.  

I called the win dumbass. Had nothing to do with Mayfield or Mariota.

This defense is good for 10 wins.  If Marcus just does what’s asked of him.  If we get down early, I expect to see games like the 2017 Steelers game.  He’s not going to be elite.  We don’t have a Mahomes, or a Watson.  He’s going to play precisely within the scheme. As long as he plays without mistakes inside that scheme, I don’t see why we can’t win the division this year 

2 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

The criticism on the first throw to Brown where he got it 45 yards downfield throwing off his back foot with a guy rolling into his knees shows the level of bias around here.

I'm not talking about that throw, which was not a great throw, just good enough to get it to a wide open Brown.

MM missed Brown (I think) who was open in the right side of the endzone later on during the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

I called the win dumbass. Had nothing to do with Mayfield or Mariota.

What had nothing to do with the QBs?  The win wasn't affected by one QB throwing 3 TDs and no turnovers while the other took TONS of sacks, gave up a safety, fumbled and threw multiple INTs... with a pick six?