Alcohol Withdrawal

pat

In my home we have a bedroom downstairs.  Right now an old college friend is staying with us while she gets back on her feet.

She woke my wife and I up saying she thought she had a seizure and was getting picked up by ambulance.  My wife said she'd take care of our son, and recommended I go with the friend to the ER.  On the way there, the friend got nausea and threw up a couple times in the ambulance.  While in triage in the ER, she had another seizure.  Now she's sedated in the ICU, slowly recovering while her system works its way out.  The seizures are a serious, life threatening condition along with anxiety and many other symptoms.

It is sobering to see the effects of long term alcoholism and how intense the physical dependency can be.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the main reasons people become addicts and substance abusers is a lack of a real human connection.    She is lucky to have you two around for this. She will feel a lot of shame but co

It would be.

You should consider putting some HD surveillance cameras in that extra bedroom to ensure she isn’t drinking in there!

Posted Images

So sad, hope your friend gets the help she needs. She is lucky to have a friend like you. My dad was an alcoholic and it took multiple times trying before he got sober but he was for about 15 yrs before he died. So grateful for that.

One of the main reasons people become addicts and substance abusers is a lack of a real human connection. 

She is lucky to have you two around for this. She will feel a lot of shame but counter that with love and she can grow out of this. 

Id also recommend getting rid of ALL the alcohol in the house and not drinking around her ever again. Even when out with a group of friends. All it takes is one sip. 

Yes def gonna have to stop drinking myself.  I was talking about this with my wife and she was balking.  We have a nice bottle of wine one of her bosses gave us a while back, and a bottle of white cognac from Trinidad a friend just gave us.

But I asked if video games were giving our son seizures what would she do?

10 hours ago, patsplat said:

Yes def gonna have to stop drinking myself.  I was talking about this with my wife and she was balking.  We have a nice bottle of wine one of her bosses gave us a while back, and a bottle of white cognac from Trinidad a friend just gave us.

But I asked if video games were giving our son seizures what would she do?

Drink the wine in front of her, that's my advice 

2 minutes ago, patsplat said:

The painful giveaway for me is the white cognac.  Hennessy only sells it in the islands.  It's special stuff and we just got the gift last week.

Well it's not like you have to quit drinking for life.  Take your wife out one night a week without this friend and have some drinks when she's not around.

Now I will ask the question everyone has been wondering.  Is she hot?

5 hours ago, patsplat said:

The painful giveaway for me is the white cognac.  Hennessy only sells it in the islands.  It's special stuff and we just got the gift last week.

Hrm can't store it with a family member or friend and get it back once she moves out?