Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Thievery

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

Yes Jake.  I was calling you desperate.  

My issued?  My god, you really are retarded.  

Yea, your issued weapon(s). Or did they realize right off the rip you didn't have the right frame of mind to carry one?

Regardless, I'm watching my Longhorns right now. It's been fun!

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I love ppl who join the Army because it's their last resort and beat their chest saying "I'm a hero! I'm a better person than you!".

Mfer, you were one step away from being a bum and de decided to join for the paycheck. 

27 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Says the guy who felt the need to give his life story and take a crack at a hard working and necessary profession. 

And your ignorant self obviously missed the point if you felt my post was about annual salary. Lmao

There are plumbers out there that respect you and probably have fought for you.

You shit on all of them just there. Go ahead, better person!

Guy trashing someone for a military Job acts offended for slandering the noble profession of plumbing.

”There are plumbers out there that respect you and probably have fought for you”

shout out out to all plumbers and their tenacious fight against the terrorist turds that refuse to flush and are difficult to snake out.

This is low even for Jake "standards".  And some people join the military for more noble reasons and not because it was their last resort or whatever crap reasoning that was given.

I joined the Army with a wife and kid and no real job prospects. Never even considered defending the country or patriotism or any other BS like that. 

My father had a concrete business I could have worked for and eventually took over. Pouring house slabs, parking lots, driveways etc......I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I gone that route. Might be even richer than I am now. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I joined the Army with a wife and kid and no real job prospects. Never even considered defending the country or patriotism or any other BS like that. 

My father had a concrete business I could have worked for and eventually took over. Pouring house slabs, parking lots, driveways etc......I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I gone that route. Might be even richer than I am now. 

I love how there is this misconception that only desperate people with no alternatives come into the Army.  That may have had some truth to it two decades ago but a majority of senior NCO's have college degrees now.  Many young enlisted do as well.  We turn away so many people that can't pass the standards to get into the military.  There was an article published not too long ago talking about how it will soon be a national security crisis because so few people in America meet the physical or other requirements necessary for military service.

The construction field (plumbers included) is littered with people who tried to go into the military but couldn't hack it or served two years and ran away crying because it was too hard.  

I get free healthcare, a guaranteed pension, guaranteed raises, and my job is easy as fuck.  I had to work my ass off to get here but it's absolutely hillarous that the likes of Jake thought he was in any position to talk shit.  I'm going to retire at 45 and he's going to still be in the same spot in life that he was at 18, hoping for the weekend to come so he can have a few beers because that's the best thing he has to look forward to.  Meanwhile I lived 3 years in Germany, another 3 in Italy, visited almost every country in Europe and got to do some really cool shit and meet some really cool people along the way.  When people ask me what I do for a living, I can honestly tell them I hunt down terrorists and shoot them in the face.  Jake has to admit that a good day for him is when he can get someone else's shit flowing.  

And then he says shit like take away my issued.  I work for a division command and advise a General.  He's on here trying to get people to meet him to have a fist fight like he's still in junior high.  The idiot just cracks me up.  

Edited by Justafan

12 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The construction field (plumbers included) is littered with people who tried to go into the military but couldn't hack it or served two years and ran away crying because it was too hard.  

When I see the 20-25 year olds that get hired at the post office and think about them going through basic and jump school back when I did in 90 I laugh, they are the softest weakest bunch ever. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

When I see the 20-25 year olds that get hired at the post office and think about them going through basic and jump school back when I did in 90 I laugh, they are the softest weakest bunch ever. 

I can't even imagine.  It makes me chuckle just thinking about it.  Airborne school was pretty easy when I went through but I know it was grueling back then.  82nd is no joke as well, even now.

I think about my time in the 173rd and just... no way.  25 mile ruck with a 65-85 lbs pack and a 240?  Most of these kids wouldn't even be able to get up off the ground.  

12 hours ago, rns90 said:

This is low even for Jake "standards".  And some people join the military for more noble reasons and not because it was their last resort or whatever crap reasoning that was given.

Most people  I knew that went into the armed forces were absolutely joining because they had no other good options. They weren't very bright and they would rather be in the military than in a factory.

1 hour ago, WG53 said:

Most people  I knew that went into the armed forces were absolutely joining because they had no other good options. They weren't very bright and they would rather be in the military than in a factory.

Absolutely and the reason why there’s not Vietnam type reactions to shitty wars.

at the same time one of my best friends who literally has a genius IQ and had multiple academic scholarships opted to go into the air forces despite me calling him a dumbass every day I could at the time.

1 minute ago, Dollop said:

Absolutely and the reason why there’s not Vietnam type reactions to shitty wars.

Exactly, Nixon figured out they would get much less flak if they used an all volunteer military for their unpopular BS wars 

Just now, Dollop said:

at the same time one of my best friends who literally has a genius IQ and had multiple academic scholarships opted to go into the air forces despite me calling him a dumbass every day I could at the time.

Usually smart people that go into the armed forces go to officer school/college from my experience.  I had a high school friend and teammate go into the air force and he went to the academy. 

There has also been a massive right wing media campaign to tie not supporting wars to not supporting the troops.

They stopped showing coffins coming home etc......

1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Usually smart people that go into the armed forces go to officer school/college from my experience.  I had a high school friend and teammate go into the air force and he went to the academy. 

Eduated, not smart. I knew plenty of college educated officers as dumb as they come 

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Eduated, not smart. I knew plenty of college educated officers as dumb as they come 

I'm talking purely about people in my experience.  I'm sure your experience is more typical.