Sign in to follow this  
abenjami

Should I make this trade proposal?

McLaurin is an interesting fantasy prospect at this point.  He's a rookie, he had 0 receptions in preseason, and they've listed him atop the WR depth chart.

So in this league, this morning the guy who had Antonio Brown traded him for Ty Hilton right before Brown signed with the Pats.

LOL

20 hours ago, abenjami said:

So in this league, this morning the guy who had Antonio Brown traded him for Ty Hilton right before Brown signed with the Pats.

LOL

Jesus that is brutal. I had an offer for Diggs for AB straight up but I tried to be greedy. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:45 AM, abenjami said:

McLaurin is an interesting fantasy prospect at this point.  He's a rookie, he had 0 receptions in preseason, and they've listed him atop the WR depth chart.

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

5 rec, 125 yards, 1 TD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, you were right about this one for this game. I just didn't expect the Skins offense to do anything. Week 1 is hard to predict. 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:55 AM, NashvilleNinja said:

Is Terry McLaurin on the waiver wire in this league? If he is go ahead and pick him up.

Who knows if he'll pan out, but the way people were talking about him they didn't play him much at all during preseason was because they knew what they have in him and didn't want to risk him. If that's true it's pretty shocking considering he's a 3rd round rookie.

It may just be fluff, but they had no qualms about dropping Doctson and all talk is pointing to him being one of thet starting receivers there.

@oldschool... you're in Redskin country. What's the general vibe about McLaurin up there? Pretty much what I'm saying in this post?

Here's the thing though, your assessment here was spot on and shows exactly why investing in some bench WRs was absolutely the right play. 

17 minutes ago, Bink said:

Here's the thing though, your assessment here was spot on and shows exactly why investing in some bench WRs was absolutely the right play. 

Usually the hype is just hype for players like him. But what made me think McLaurin might be more than just hype was how the Redskins were treating him. You'd think a 3rd round receiver would be seeing all kinds of PT in the preseason, but they barely played him at all. It wasn't because he was dealing with a bunch of injuries either. He did get injured halfway through preseason during practice I think, but it wasn't anything major. I don't believe it was enough to keep him shut down like he was because he played a couple snaps either in the 3rd or 4th preseason game. And maybe one snap in the 1st preseason game.

Also, he wasn't in the doghouse at all because supposedly he's been all about that work ethic and being a decent guy in general. When you add in all that and the constant raving about his intelligence and speed it started to look like they were protecting him, not wanting to risk him getting hurt in preseason. Since when do 3rd round receivers get that kind of treatment?

It's just one game, but that's a hell of an introduction.

33 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Usually the hype is just hype for players like him. But what made me think McLaurin might be more than just hype was how the Redskins were treating him. You'd think a 3rd round receiver would be seeing all kinds of PT in the preseason, but they barely played him at all. It wasn't because he was dealing with a bunch of injuries either. He did get injured halfway through preseason during practice I think, but it wasn't anything major. I don't believe it was enough to keep him shut down like he was because he played a couple snaps either in the 3rd or 4th preseason game. And maybe one snap in the 1st preseason game.

Also, he wasn't in the doghouse at all because supposedly he's been all about that work ethic and being a decent guy in general. When you add in all that and the constant raving about his intelligence and speed it started to look like they were protecting him, not wanting to risk him getting hurt in preseason. Since when do 3rd round receivers get that kind of treatment?

It's just one game, but that's a hell of an introduction.

Right. And I had remembered hearing about injuries on talk radio (I am in the DC area) and read to much into his absence. I still am not sold he'll be a consistent option but he is exactly the type of guy that would be much better suited on ab's bench and you were right to mention grabbing him off waivers. 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, abenjami said:

Here's my team to help evaluate.

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Zeke

RB - Mixon

WR - Amari Cooper

WR - Allison

WR - Tate (DeVante Parker for now)

TE - Hunter Henry

Flex - Carson

K - Lutz

DST - Rams

Bench - Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Hunt, McCoy, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Goedert, Parker (after Tate returns)

How have you started? 

21 hours ago, Bink said:

How have you started? 

1-1

The Mixon and Hunter Henry injuries didn’t help. 

I ended up trading Singletary and Hill for Will Fuller and Hooper. 

Replaced Parker with Ted Ginn as my WR3 and he threw up a fat 0 last week.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

1-1

The Mixon and Hunter Henry injuries didn’t help. 

I ended up trading Singletary and Hill for Will Fuller and Hooper. 

Solid move.