RB - Mixon

WR - Amari Cooper

WR - Allison

WR - Tate (DeVante Parker for now)

TE - Hunter Henry

Flex - Carson

K - Lutz

DST - Rams

Bench - Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Hunt, McCoy, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Goedert, Parker (after Tate returns)

Tough. Honestly you fucked up the bench here. This is the bench of a lite RB team. This is the deepest year for WR that I've seen. Why did you go so RB heavy? It makes no sense. I get RB is valuable, but you have to get lucky with trades and are now in the position where you feel like your best move is trading one of the best players in football. Even if these bench players hit, you have to work out an equitable trade. 

7 hours ago, Bink said:

Tough. Honestly you fucked up the bench here. This is the bench of a lite RB team. This is the deepest year for WR that I've seen. Why did you go so RB heavy? It makes no sense. I get RB is valuable, but you have to get lucky with trades and are now in the position where you feel like your best move is trading one of the best players in football. Even if these bench players hit, you have to work out an equitable trade. 

I agree it's a very deep year for WR.  I guess I also should have mentioned this is not a PPR league.  It's standard scoring, no PPR.

I hadn't planned on going that RB heavy.  I ended up with the #7 pick and took Zeke there.  I couldn't pass up Mixon in round 2 when he was there and planned to go WR in rounds 3 and 4.  But when Carson was still there in round 3, I couldn't pass him up either since we can start 3 RB's.  I took Cooper in 4 because IMO he was a tier above every other WR still available.

We have 18 roster spots so it's a little deeper bench than most leagues, meaning less available on the waiver wire.  My experience in this league is that you have to be deep at RB in the draft because after it's over, there's no opportunity to get anyone serviceable on the waiver wire.  It's easy to trade in this league when you have RB depth because only a few teams really have it.

22 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I agree it's a very deep year for WR.  I guess I also should have mentioned this is not a PPR league.  It's standard scoring, no PPR.

I hadn't planned on going that RB heavy.  I ended up with the #7 pick and took Zeke there.  I couldn't pass up Mixon in round 2 when he was there and planned to go WR in rounds 3 and 4.  But when Carson was still there in round 3, I couldn't pass him up either since we can start 3 RB's.  I took Cooper in 4 because IMO he was a tier above every other WR still available.

We have 18 roster spots so it's a little deeper bench than most leagues, meaning less available on the waiver wire.  My experience in this league is that you have to be deep at RB in the draft because after it's over, there's no opportunity to get anyone serviceable on the waiver wire.  It's easy to trade in this league when you have RB depth because only a few teams really have it.

I think you are in a tough spot. Allison is terrible. He was getting less target share than Mercedes Lewis last night. Based on your league scoring, Zeke is far and away your best asset and (specially with this scoring) I wouldn't be keen on moving him. Even with this scoring, I think you probably over invested in bench RB prospects and are going to have to target WRs on the waivers. 

I mean you have nine RBs in a 2RB start league, and all of the ones on the bench don't have value and are stash, wait and see players. I think it's fine to have a few of those, but that many? 

So I suppose that you are correct that your only move is to trade Zeke. Nothing on your bench has trade value yet, and you realistically need two starting WRs. 

I would start by throwing a flier out to the Gurley owner. Gurley/Ridley/Godwin for Zeke + a filler piece. You might get lucky and get a hit here. Try a similar trade with other RBs in that range maybe? 

You might even have to move Zeke for two WRs. Because you are counting on  a guy who is going to be dropped by a majority of teams to be your WR2. Tate is in a bad offense and won't get a lot of TDs anyways. Parker is in a horrible offense. 

Who has Mike Williams? Maybe there is something you could do there (Williams/RB/WR). 

Dunno man. The more I think about it, the more I think you are going to have to go through a rocky early start and hit the waivers hard for WR. Your team will have to punt on Kareem Hunt for immediately value. 

If any of those RBs look good, I would try to move them ASAP. 

I mean honestly. 3 handcuffs. An 8 week stash. A pass catching threat in a non-PPR league. This isn't depth. It's upside investment. 

Edited by Bink

The other thing I will say is be aggressive. Zeke is a sexy name. Try to three players and go back to the drawing board if someone rejects you, or counter offer. If this was my team, I'd throw a bunch of shit out there to see what sticks. 

Cooper and Dak both looking for big pay days. Wtf would anyone give up Cooper having seen what he did in Dallas last year? 

Trade Zeke. Especially if someone is afraid of the Gurley BS enough to throw in Ridley too. That's just dumb. Zekes more likely to have slacked while "working out" on his own and be more susceptible to tweaking something. 

Gurley fears are overblown. The potential usage rate declining (a bit) is real. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

7 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Cooper and Dak both looking for big pay days. Wtf would anyone give up Cooper having seen what he did in Dallas last year? 

Trade Zeke. Especially if someone is afraid of the Gurley BS enough to throw in Ridley too. That's just dumb. Zekes more likely to have slacked while "working out" on his own and be more susceptible to tweaking something. 

Gurley fears are overblown. The potential usage rate declining (a bit) is real. 

This is pretty much my thinking and why I started this thread to get some opinions.  I'm high on Cooper this year.  I'm high on Zeke too but I don't want to own both of them.

Lots of people are afraid of Gurley.  He went at pick #17 in this draft, right before me in the 2nd round.  I was one pick away from having Zeke and Gurley.  That would have been sick.

11 hours ago, Bink said:

I think you are in a tough spot. Allison is terrible. He was getting less target share than Mercedes Lewis last night. Based on your league scoring, Zeke is far and away your best asset and (specially with this scoring) I wouldn't be keen on moving him. Even with this scoring, I think you probably over invested in bench RB prospects and are going to have to target WRs on the waivers. 

I mean you have nine RBs in a 2RB start league, and all of the ones on the bench don't have value and are stash, wait and see players. I think it's fine to have a few of those, but that many? 

So I suppose that you are correct that your only move is to trade Zeke. Nothing on your bench has trade value yet, and you realistically need two starting WRs. 

I would start by throwing a flier out to the Gurley owner. Gurley/Ridley/Godwin for Zeke + a filler piece. You might get lucky and get a hit here. Try a similar trade with other RBs in that range maybe? 

You might even have to move Zeke for two WRs. Because you are counting on  a guy who is going to be dropped by a majority of teams to be your WR2. Tate is in a bad offense and won't get a lot of TDs anyways. Parker is in a horrible offense. 

Who has Mike Williams? Maybe there is something you could do there (Williams/RB/WR). 

Dunno man. The more I think about it, the more I think you are going to have to go through a rocky early start and hit the waivers hard for WR. Your team will have to punt on Kareem Hunt for immediately value. 

If any of those RBs look good, I would try to move them ASAP. 

I mean honestly. 3 handcuffs. An 8 week stash. A pass catching threat in a non-PPR league. This isn't depth. It's upside investment. 

I'm not concerned with Allison's targets last night.  It was a tough matchup for GB against the CHI defense.  GB ran a lot of 2TE sets because of the pass rush.

What does concern me about last night was that Valdez-Scantling out snapped Allison 42-32.  I'm interested to see if that changes next week.

It's not a 2RB start league, it's a 3RB start league.  My 3 RB's are so good compared to every other team that I will have an advantage there.  I don't need to panic and target a bunch of WR's on waivers.  I only need 3 WR's every week.  Cooper is a lock solid start and even though I'm not high on Tate, he's a solid #3 at a minimum when he returns.

You are right, it's definitely upside investment.  That was what my draft strategy became given how the draft played out.  The goal at this point is either to make a trade that immediately helps me a significant amount, or just try to survive until an RB or two goes down and then flip his backup for a solid #2 WR.

11 minutes ago, abenjami said:

What does concern me about last night was that Valdez-Scantling out snapped Allison 42-32.  I'm interested to see if that changes next week.

As he should, he's better. But he got banged up last night. Good news for Allison.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

I'm not concerned with Allison's targets last night.  It was a tough matchup for GB against the CHI defense.  GB ran a lot of 2TE sets because of the pass rush.

It's not a 2RB start league, it's a 3RB start league.  My 3 RB's are so good compared to every other team that I will have an advantage there.  I don't need to panic and target a bunch of WR's on waivers.  I only need 3 WR's every week.  Cooper is a lock solid start and even though I'm not high on Tate, he's a solid #3 at a minimum when he returns.

You are right, it's definitely upside investment.  That was what my draft strategy became given how the draft played out.  The goal at this point is either to make a trade that immediately helps me a significant amount, or just try to survive until an RB or two goes down and then flip his backup for a solid #2 WR.

What frustrates me is that I think you drafted for this league perfectly, until you got to the bench and with your WR priorities. Going RB/RB/RB was just fine.  If you had more viable, more upside WRs you would be in great position. 

Edited by Bink

6 minutes ago, Bink said:

What frustrates me is that I think you drafted for this league perfectly, until you got to the bench and with your WR priorities. Going RB/RB/RB was just fine.  If you had more viable, more upside WRs you would be in great position. 

After the 3 RB's, I took Cooper in round 4.  What killed me was the run on WR's in rounds 5-6.

Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, and Howard were all gone in the first 4 rounds.  From my experience in this league, you definitely don't want to be one of the teams stuck without a TE who is productive week in and week out.  When it was my pick in round 5, I took Hunter Henry instead of a WR because I felt his value over replacement was higher than the WR's available.  And then there was a crazy run on WR's.  Godwin, Kupp, Mike Williams, Golladay, Westbrook, Boyd, and Ridley all went off the board.  By the time I picked again, I the best WR's left were guys like Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon.

It was insane how many WR's were taken in the first 6 rounds.  There were teams that took 4 WR's.  There are some teams that have terribly weak RB's for a 3 RB league.  One has Montgomery and Tevin Coleman.  Another has Michel and Royce Freeman.

Edited by abenjami

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

After the 3 RB's, I took Cooper in round 4.  What killed me was the run on WR's in rounds 5-6.

Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, and Howard were all gone in the first 4 rounds.  From my experience in this league, you definitely don't want to be one of the teams stuck without a TE who is productive week in and week out.  When it was my pick in round 5, I took Hunter Henry instead of a WR because I felt his value over replacement was higher than the WR's available.  And then there was a crazy run on WR's.  Godwin, Kupp, Mike Williams, Golladay, Westbrook, Boyd, and Ridley all went off the board.  By the time I picked again, I the best WR's left were guys like Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon.

It was insane how many WR's were taken in the first 6 rounds.  There were teams that took 4 WR's.  There are some teams that have terribly weak RB's for a 3 RB league.  One has Montgomery and Tevin Coleman.  Another has Michel and Royce Freeman.

Yeah, I get it. It all happens in a moment and one round can fuck you. You still took a metric fuck ton too many RBs. Hell yes I take Gordon there, or DJ Moore, or Christian Kirk, or whoever. 

7 minutes ago, Bink said:

Yeah, I get it. It all happens in a moment and one round can fuck you. You still took a metric fuck ton too many RBs. Hell yes I take Gordon there, or DJ Moore, or Christian Kirk, or whoever. 

FWIW my projected week 1 total was 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Just now, abenjami said:

FWIW my projected week 1 total was 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Yea, and imagine what it could be if you had more of a legitimate shot to improve WR. 

You aren't going to convince me here. Your RBs are great. But your over investment took away your potential to hit at WR. At best your team is centered around trading. Say David Johnson tweaks his hammy or something and Chase Edmunds all of a sudden becomes viable. You have a match up based switch for your flex, but more like a player you have to immediately trade. 

The way you team is constructed, you have no business with Kareem Hunt, or even Justice Hill. I don't care when you got them. You still may be a good team based on this scoring, but I think you could have absolutely fucked this league if you didn't draft based on your preconceived notions of what your needed. 

It's not that you drafted a surplus of RBs, you OVER over drafted. You are counting on two of Allison/Tate/Devante Parker to fill starting spots on a weekly basis. I am in leagues where all 3 of these guys aren't even owned. 

2 minutes ago, Bink said:

Yea, and imagine what it could be if you had more of a legitimate shot to improve WR. 

You aren't going to convince me here. Your RBs are great. But your over investment took away your potential to hit at WR. At best your team is centered around trading. Say David Johnson tweaks his hammy or something and Chase Edmunds all of a sudden becomes viable. You have a match up based switch for your flex, but more like a player you have to immediately trade. 

The way you team is constructed, you have no business with Kareem Hunt, or even Justice Hill. I don't care when you got them. You still may be a good team based on this scoring, but I think you could have absolutely fucked this league if you didn't draft based on your preconceived notions of what your needed. 

It's not that you drafted a surplus of RBs, you OVER over drafted. You are counting on two of Allison/Tate/Devante Parker to fill starting spots on a weekly basis. I am in leagues where all 3 of these guys aren't even owned. 

Devante Parker is a long shot no doubt but if you are in leagues where no one owns Allison or Tate, you must be in leagues with really small rosters or really bad fantasy owners.  Allison's WR-ADP is around 45 and Tate is around 55. 

On 9/6/2019 at 2:00 AM, Bink said:

McLaurin has no value outside of dynasty. 

There's a stash, wait n see aspect in play, but they've talked up his route running and intelligence a lot. Not to mention his 4.3 speed. He's going to be no worse than 3rd on their depth chart and may have a more prominent role before long.

At worse he might turn out to be quality depth, but there's also the sleeper possibility. I don't see a problem adding him with such a deep bench and considering @abenjami's overall need for receivers. Better to add him now before week 1 just in case.