Should I make this trade proposal?

abenjami

Interested to hear some opinions on a trade I am considering proposing in one of my leagues.

We start 2 RB, 3 WR and a Flex (RB/WR/TE).  So you can start 3 RB or 4 WR.

I've got Zeke, Mixon and Carson at RB.  Obviously very solid.

But I'm weak at WR.  I've got Cooper, Allison, and Tate (when he returns).

I don't like having RB and WR on the same offense (Zeke/Cooper).

Should I offer Zeke and Tate for Gurley and Ridley?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is pretty much my thinking and why I started this thread to get some opinions.  I'm high on Cooper this year.  I'm high on Zeke too but I don't want to own both of them.   Lots of peopl

Yeah, you were right about this one for this game. I just didn't expect the Skins offense to do anything. Week 1 is hard to predict. 

10 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Interested to hear some opinions on a trade I am considering proposing in one of my leagues.

We start 2 RB, 3 WR and a Flex (RB/WR/TE).  So you can start 3 RB or 4 WR.

I've got Zeke, Mixon and Carson at RB.  Obviously very solid.

But I'm weak at WR.  I've got Cooper, Allison, and Tate (when he returns).

I don't like having RB and WR on the same offense (Zeke/Cooper).

Should I offer Zeke and Tate for Gurley and Ridley?

No. Definitely not without seeing Gurley. 

Just now, Bink said:

No. Definitely not without seeing Gurley. 

I tend to think Gurley is fine and a steal where he’s being drafted. 

My concern with him is come fantasy playoff time they might put him on a pitch count. 

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I tend to think Gurley is fine and a steal where he’s being drafted. 

My concern with him is come fantasy playoff time they might put him on a pitch count. 

Yeah Zeke is one of the most sure things in the NFL. Why would you risk Gurley over that? I am not super into Ridley, I think he is a feast or famine player. I might chase someone with more target share upside, like Chris Godwin. I don't think I'd be willing to trade Zeke--I'd look for a Mixon deal. 

2 minutes ago, Bink said:

Yeah Zeke is one of the most sure things in the NFL. Why would you risk Gurley over that? I am not super into Ridley, I think he is a feast or famine player. I might chase someone with more target share upside, like Chris Godwin. I don't think I'd be willing to trade Zeke--I'd look for a Mixon deal. 

The same team has Godwin. So would you trade Zeke for Gurley and Godwin?

Just now, abenjami said:

The same team has Godwin. So would you trade Zeke for Gurley and Godwin?

I mean I personally would not move Zeke for Gurley. I feel like Gurley is far more likely to wear down before the playoffs, but if you are sure about Gurley I like this deal better.  I tend to be more risk avoidant when it comes to my big guns. I might look for a deal where you move a different RB. 

10 minutes ago, Bink said:

I mean I personally would not move Zeke for Gurley. I feel like Gurley is far more likely to wear down before the playoffs, but if you are sure about Gurley I like this deal better.  I tend to be more risk avoidant when it comes to my big guns. I might look for a deal where you move a different RB. 

I see what you mean but I doubt I could get a solid 2 for 1 with another RB. 

Dealing Zeke also solves my Cooper/Zeke problem. 

Here's my team to help evaluate.

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Zeke

RB - Mixon

WR - Amari Cooper

WR - Allison

WR - Tate (DeVante Parker for now)

TE - Hunter Henry

Flex - Carson

K - Lutz

DST - Rams

Bench - Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Hunt, McCoy, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Goedert, Parker (after Tate returns)

Is Terry McLaurin on the waiver wire in this league? If he is go ahead and pick him up.

Who knows if he'll pan out, but the way people were talking about him they didn't play him much at all during preseason was because they knew what they have in him and didn't want to risk him. If that's true it's pretty shocking considering he's a 3rd round rookie.

It may just be fluff, but they had no qualms about dropping Doctson and all talk is pointing to him being one of thet starting receivers there.

@oldschool... you're in Redskin country. What's the general vibe about McLaurin up there? Pretty much what I'm saying in this post?

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Is Terry McLaurin on the waiver wire in this league? If he is go ahead and pick him up.

Who knows if he'll pan out, but the way people were talking about him they didn't play him much at all during preseason was because they knew what they have in him and didn't want to risk him. If that's true it's pretty shocking considering he's a 3rd round rookie.

It may just be fluff, but they had no qualms about dropping Doctson and all talk is pointing to him being one of thet starting receivers there.

@oldschool... you're in Redskin country. What's the general vibe about McLaurin up there? Pretty much what I'm saying in this post?

McLaurin has no value outside of dynasty.