Taywan Taylor has already been meeting with Browns Defensive coaches about Titans offense.

heyitsmeallen

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

Unless you think Robinson an idiot, I’d say the risk of us losing this game due to Taylor’s knowledge of the offense is minimal. It’s not like Robinson and Vrabel and Smith didn’t calculate and consider this. 

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It's a risk that should have been avoided. No amount of sugar coating changes it.

This^

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quaking in my boots. 

Vrabel and Jrob are cocky trolls.   Do you really think the man who called a play for Mariota to catch the ball just because Brady did the same wouldn’t know this lol.   Steve Wilk

If we go by this logic it cuts every teams trade partners in half. “This team is offering us a first round pick but we play them week 3 so we better not do it. Best take the other teams 3rd rounder.”

Its not going to be the same as when Taylor was here. He can’t give them anything that isn’t already on tape. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

It's a risk that should have been avoided. No amount of sugar coating changes it.

I'm not thrilled about it, but if you think the risk is something that wasn't considered by our FO then you must not think all that highly of JRob.

We were probably cutting ties with TT anyway, which would have left Cleveland open to pursue him for free. Same thing happened with Luke Falk last year when the Dolphins picked him up after we cut him. At least credit JRob and company for being proactive and getting something for him instead of just cutting him outright and potentially watching him suit up for Cleveland anyway.

Also, consider Cleveland's POV. If they weren't interested in him they wouldn't have traded a pick for him, even if it was just a 7th rounder. I don't know what Cleveland's waiver position was, but maybe they liked him enough to get in front of another team higher in waiver priority who they thought might have poached him off waivers before they could.

That's not sugar coating things, it's just looking at the logic behind the move. Besides, if Cleveland's defensive coaches are desperately relying on him to bolster their efforts to stop the Titans offense then should they really be Cleveland's defensive coaches in the first place? If I were Smith and co. I'd be more worried about what Myles Garrett does to Kelly man to man than what Taylor might tell the coaches about our schemes.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

24 minutes ago, 8MM said:

It'll be funny if the Titans don't show anything from what TT said and after the game they release him.

There's nothing that he has been shown because he's not here for the game planning against Cleveland. Besides, the scheme-related plans are usually only relevant for the 1st quarter of games anyway as only the first 10-15 plays are scripted. Or so I understand.

The rest of the game is about adapting/adjusting to what the other team has done so far and using your film study of them as your reference point. It's a back n forth and that's where most games are won/lost. Most of the relevant information that will help the Browns against the Titans will come out in the research that the Browns coaches have already done in film study. They probably don't need Taylor for much of that, if they even need him at all. And if they do then it's like I said... should they really be the ones in charge of the Browns defense in the first place?

Idk... maybe I'm wrong, but worrying about Taywan Traitor seems like a misuse of worry.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

3 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I knew this would be the case when we traded him, Which is why I wasn’t happy about it. I know he doesn’t know much gameplan but there is a shit ton of tendencies he can tell them about as well as general offensive schemes.

Cleveland coaches:  "So Taywan, what can you tell us about the Titans offense."

Taywan:  "Well, here's how the Titans offense works.  When they would call my number in the huddle, I would then run my route, and when they passed it to me, I wouldn't catch it".

Edited by Denali

14 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

To think the staff wouldn't know this and be ready, have an alternative, is ridiculous. And if they don't, they shouldn't be where they are. 

The only ppl thinking this is an issue are fans. 

It could also bite them in the ass. And in fact, I believe that to be more likely than it biting us. We have to worry about Mariota and the OL Beijing their A game more than we have to worry about what they think they know. 

When’d we grab Beijing? Guessing he’ll be plugging into Guard week 1?

31 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It was auto-corrected. I'm guessing I spelled bringing wrong. Somehow I think you know this. And I'm assuming technology is also responsible for your capitalization of the word gaurd, so I'm not going to mock you even though you felt the need to do so yourself. 

Haha got no dog in this fight just funny u kinda spelled guard wrong though bro...

Edited by JMoney420

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

But it sure seems like you want one in it, so I'll give it to you. Shit happens. The intelligence of autocorrect on full display. Also funny how someone who is too lazy to include the y and o in you has the ability to call ppl out on spelling though.

If you like being lazy, might I suggest shortening though to though. Could have saved you an extra second in your post. 

Though to though man that’s sum smart Fukin thinking bro????