Can Pruitt rebound from this embarrassment?

Stranger

I think UT needs to view this not as a disappointment and embarrassment, but instead as both an invitation as well as an opportunity.  Perhaps they can be competitive if they switched to the Sun Belt Conference.

Edited by Denali

There is something systemically bad in Knoxville. When year-in/year-out you put on the field a consistent level of mediocrity, uninspired and losing, it goes beyond the head coach. Either the wrong people are running the program and hiring the wrong coaches or the people running the program are beholden to the wrong people who have a little too much say in how it's run. Either way, there is something wrong at the very top of the program. Either get good, competent people to run the program or diminish the role boosters/alums are playing in the decision making process.

2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

There is something systemically bad in Knoxville. When year-in/year-out you put on the field a consistent level of mediocrity, uninspired and losing, it goes beyond the head coach. Either the wrong people are running the program and hiring the wrong coaches or the people running the program are beholden to the wrong people who have a little too much say in how it's run. Either way, there is something wrong at the very top of the program. Either get good, competent people to run the program or diminish the role boosters/alums are playing in the decision making process.

It has to be the admin.  This is like the 3rd or 4th coach who looks clueless.  Didn't they hire Greg Schiano but backed out at the last minute?  They've hired 4 HC in the last ten years.  Yikes.

Edited by rns90

9 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Because you are a fan of a rival team? 

Well I enjoy laughing at UT at times such as these.  Except the past few years I have been laughing so much that my stomach hurts.

Go Dores!  Anchor Down!

Guarantano should never play another snap in the SEC again. The dude is in way over his head. 

So is Pruitt at this point. I don't see how he survives the season. I bet they don't even win a single conference game. At this rate, they may not win a single game period. 

Fulmer's seat should also be getting warm considering this was his hire. 

What a total cluster fuck. 

Maybe they should have tried to figure it out with Butch.  Tennessee isn't as big as the rest of the SEC states and Knoxville isn't as appealing as the top SEC school cities. By the time LSU, AL, GA, MS and the FL schools pick through the players, not a lot of greats left.  They had been doing good getting players out of Florida that the big three down there didn't want, but they were cutting up too bad.  Now there are a few more FL schools in the game too.

If Vanderbilt can be as successful as they have been, no reason TN is this bad.  First, Pruitt was a lifetime assistant coach.  Anybody under Saban looks like a genius, but how much of it is Saban.  It's like the Bill Belichick assistants, Bill is calling all the shots.  I bet it's the same with Saban.  I can see it now, but they should have been smart enough to figure that out before they hired him.

Today, the little bit I saw Pruitt was screwing up again.  Using all his TO's because his players are out of position is on him.  He might get fired before the end of the season.