Sign in to follow this  
Stranger

Can Pruitt rebound from this embarrassment?

Getting beat by Georgia State at home is just beyond imaginable. 

The entire football side of this administration is a complete dumpster fire. 

I think UT needs to view this not as a disappointment and embarrassment, but instead as both an invitation as well as an opportunity.  Perhaps they can be competitive if they switched to the Sun Belt Conference.

Edited by Denali

The problem with the loss is that they got their butts kicked. Not some fluke-lucky loss from a missed chip shot field goal. Georgia State kicked their asses and that is hard to accept. 

Same thing happened to Florida State vs Boise. Once Boise made some adjustments on defense to what FSU was doing they dominated them. 

Note that UT was out gained 2-1 on the ground by GSU a program that has only existed since 2010 and has won just 28% of their games. They were 2-10 last year and 1-7 in their conference. 

The Vols appear to have a very poor OL and an even worse DL.  It's going to be a long season, possibly historically bad.

The player interviews were terrible.  Unintended, they threw the coaching staff under the bus.  They said they were not prepared for the game.  Ouch.

A case could have been made for firing Pruitt after last year. 5-7 is never acceptable in any circumstances. If I was AD I fire him that night. 

Butch Jones did not leave him with horrible talent. The last 4 recruiting classes that Butch Jones had were ranked 14th on average by rivals. Are they the 14th best team?

Here is a kicker you UT fans will love. Jarrett Guarantano was a 4* recruit and ranked by rivals as the third best dual threat QB in the nation. Jalen Hurts was ranked as the 9th best dual threat QB in that class. 

He has top 25 talent, a very talented seasoned QB. 8 wins is par. 

Edited by Rolltide

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

The player interviews were terrible.  Unintended, they threw the coaching staff under the bus.  They said they were not prepared for the game.  Ouch.

They need to move on with this guy now! One guy on my short list of coaches would be the guy at Boise St Bryan Harsin. That was a damn well coached football team I saw beat FSU. 

Losing to West Virginia 40-14 last year is not UT football. Losing to a mediocre Missouri team 50-17 at home is unforgivable. UT should be beating those teams and playing competitive football against Florida, Georgia and Bama. 

Edited by Rolltide