Texans poised to acquire Tunsil and Stills from the Dolphins

NashvilleNinja

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Texans were forced to acquire a LT as they completely botched the 2019 draft by letting the Eagles move ahead of them for Andre Dillard.

Why? Tunsil busted as a LT and the Texans just gave a 1st and other picks for him. It's a dumb move.

Dolphins are tanking

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

This is the dumbassery that happens when a GM who is competent is hamstrung by a HC with power to make Draft calls, botches the pick, GM is blamed and fired, and then the HC makes two of the worst trades in NFL history.

Fisher/Reece Part (Re)Deux

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

No, I watch the games and don't just listen to Washington radio in my mini van. The offer was simply too good to refuse and the Dolphins weren't willing to give a huge deal when they'll be rebuilding for the next 3/4 years. Last year was also his first good year, but make no mistake about it, he was very very good.

Your football takes have been garbage since the day you arrived. Do I need to make another stick to soccer comment?

Just now, oldschool said:

Your football takes have been garbage since the day you arrived. Do I need to make another stick to soccer comment?

You're arguing against something that's a fact. Tunsil was excellent last year. Your ego is hilarious when you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. Did you even watch one snap? Stick to being a soccer mom!

Don’t forget the Texans used their first round pick this year on someone they hoped would be their LT only to move him to guard.

So essentially Texans have used 3 first round picks to upgrade at LT.  If they had moved up in the draft by two picks (traded a 4th) they could have grabbed Andre Dillard and this would not have been necessary.  Total botch job by their front office.

2 minutes ago, Carpy said:

Don’t forget the Texans used their first round pick this year on someone they hoped would be their LT only to move him to guard.

So essentially Texans have used 3 first round picks to upgrade at LT.  If they had moved up in the draft by two picks (traded a 4th) they could have grabbed Andre Dillard and this would not have been necessary.  Total botch job by their front office.

And a second round pick.

Miami can have a quick rebuild with all these picks.

8 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

You're arguing against something that's a fact. Tunsil was excellent last year. Your ego is hilarious when you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. Did you even watch one snap? Stick to being a soccer mom!

Your history says otherwise. You should stop before someone puts you in your place. Do we need to talk about how you think Mariota is really a good QB like your boy Fahey rambles on about?

Tunsil had a good year in 2018 but one good year doesnt make a great LT.

Edited by oldschool

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Your history says otherwise. You should stop before someone puts you in your place. Do we need to talk about how you think Mariota is really a good QB like your boy Fahey rambles on about?

Tunsil had a good year in 2018 but one good year doesnt make a great LT.

I don't think Mariota is a really good QB. I think he's probably better than some around here think, but I'm out on him.

I said he was very good last year. Glad you finally agree with me!

58 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Why? Tunsil busted as a LT and the Texans just gave a 1st and other picks for him. It's a dumb move.

I haven’t watched him but apparently he’s now “one of the best young LTs in the game.”

10 minutes ago, Carpy said:

Now they have to pay Tunsil a whole ton of cash and Watson only has1-2 "cheap years" left on his rookie deal.  A failure on the financial side of things as well as the draft picks/player development side too.

2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I haven’t watched him but apparently he’s now “one of the best young LTs in the game.”

I too know nothing about how Tunsil has played but Daniel Jeremiah who is generally one of the best analysts likes the move. I tend to value his opinion more than the opinion of people on this board.

Still seems like an awful lot to give up for a guy who hasn't been elite yet!

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Lol. He sucked so bad as a rookie he was moved to OG, moved back to LT in year 2 and was bad. Last year he had a good year but the idea he is now one of the best is laughable. He has to string together multiple good seasons before he earns it. The most telling fact in all of this is the fact the Dolphins traded him. Teams dont trade stud LTs. Its arguably the 2nd most important position on the field behind QB.