Titans Cuts To Make It To 53

SirLanceALot

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too bad your dick doesn't have lips. You could piss and moan at the same time.

Interesting take I hadn't thought about.     

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

That’s good. Means they think he would be able to play before week 6. I figured he’d be back by NOV but to get him even earlier would be huge.

I was ruling Simmons out the entire season but he only tore his ACL a month after Conklin did, who came back week 4. Plus I’m pretty sure Conklin has the MCL to which adds a bit of recovery time. Obviously he was a disaster last season but he was actually good the first 2-3 games back. It’s obvious now he really did have another o jury last year.

Id still put Simmons on the PUP & see how he is week 7. And that’s even pushing it a bit. If he looks great fine, but I want a decade long , dominant player here. This was always about the long term, we can’t be short sighted.

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

7/8 months for an ACL isn't really rushing it anymore

This is true. The problem is in probably 85-90% of the cases the player still isn’t the same until the following. Season.

If we play Simmons early in the season, especially being a rookie, the odds are he’ll be a total stiff. But he is a physical freak & is only 21 so he may recover super fast. Odds aren’t great though.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Yes it is. Being able to work out is different than playing on it at a high level.

That’s the big misconception. Players are returning quicker then ever, but it still takes roughly the same amount of time for them to get back to their old selves.

You have some freaks like Todd Gurley & AP, who knows, Simmons is a rare athlete at a young age. But I would think at best he can maybe be a late season spark as a 3rd down interior rusher.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Yes it is. Being able to work out is different than playing on it at a high level.

It depends on so much. Everything you read about ACL injuries at the moment tells you that the surgeries are much better and things as simple as swelling directly after the injury can make a big difference in a timetable to return. You really just have to trust the doctors and Simmons has to trust his own body. If it's 100% healed in November what does he gain by continually sitting out? That will be 9 months which has always been universally used as a benchmark for no increased risk of re-injury.

Everything we have seen from Vrabel suggests he won't put any player out there who isn't fully healthy too

Edited by IrishTitansFan

21 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Why are they rushing him back? I wouldn't play him all year.

Well, 1 because we could really use him this year. As long as they can ensure he doesn't re-injure himself, I see no issues with getting him on the field sooner than later.  

2 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Well, 1 because we could really use him this year. As long as they can ensure he doesn't re-injure himself, I see no issues with getting him on the field sooner than later.  

he missed the entire offseason and all of camp. Don't bet on him contributing this season. if he does it will be a miracle.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

he missed the entire offseason and all of camp. Don't bet on him contributing this season. if he does it will be a miracle.

Perhaps, but if nothing else those snaps and experience will benefit him. 

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic