Popeyes... you suck

NashvilleNinja

21 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Just like it is your opinion that CFA is the best ever

I don't have any obligation to stick up for them because at the end of the day they're just a fast food place and they're not even in my top 3 favorite places to go for fast food. Whoopty fucking do.

From an objective standpoint they have the best customer service for a fast food joint. The long lines are kept moving at a brisk pace, I've never gotten anything wrong with my order, and the food is always the same high standard of quality as the time before it. That is not an opinion, it is a fact, especially when compared to Cockeyes. Those bastards wouldn't know good customer service if it fell out of the sky and landed on their retarded faces.

, it is my opinion that Sunday is important. 

Never said it wasn't.

Do you know how often I eat at any fast food chicken place?  Not very often. I use to live very close to a CFA back in my single days.  After a good Saturday night, I'd sleep in on Sunday and I'd see the CFA sign and think "I could really use some friend chicken!"  But nooooo.  Always closed.  Eating fast food on a week night after work just sounds gross. 

Not eating fast food on a week night because it "sounds gross" (maybe try eating it with your mouth instead of your ears) might be a you problem, but I'm not gonna knock you for it. It's up to you what you shovel down your throat during the week or any other time. But there's always Friday nights, Saturday afternoons, or Saturday nights. All of those are prime fast food eatin' times for a lot of people and all are times that CFA is open. I'm just saying maybe you could stand to be a tad more open minded about when you eat your friend chicken. (is he really that much of a friend if you're eating him...?)

So no, I don't eat at CFA much at all. 

The nearest one to my house is 30 miles away so I'm not exactly an every day customer myself. Besides, I've been cutting down on all fast food consumption the last few months anyway. Just too expensive wherever you go, both for your wallet and your waist.

Personally, they aren't open the times I want what they offer.  So fuck 'em.  

Like I said, maybe you could stand to be a tad more open minded about the times you want what they offer. But if not, oh well. And since their policy is never to cuss at people and won't say fuck you back I'll say it with love for them: right back atcha, fucker.

Oh look, I stuck up for them anyway. God damn it...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call bullshit on that one.

Well you're just a weird ass little man, aintcha?   If it didn't make any sense it wouldn't taste so fucking good. I can't imagine how grapefruit would make anyone's coffee taste like anythi

Yeah. Those places are completely vacant everywhere I see them. I assumed they were subsidized or something.  Or do you think they are like mushrooms that just pop up after a rain?

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don't have any obligation to stick up for them because at the end of the day they're just a fast food place and they're not even in my top 3 favorite places to go for fast food. Whoopty fucking do.

From an objective standpoint they have the best customer service for a fast food joint. The long lines are kept moving at a brisk pace, I've never gotten anything wrong with my order, and the food is always the same high standard of quality as the time before it. That is not an opinion, it is a fact, especially when compared to Cockeyes. Those bastards wouldn't know good customer service if it fell out of the sky and landed on their retarded faces.

Never said it wasn't.

Not eating fast food on a week night because it "sounds gross" (maybe try eating it with your mouth instead of your ears) might be a you problem, but I'm not gonna knock you for it. It's up to you what you shovel down your throat during the week or any other time. But there's always Friday nights, Saturday afternoons, or Saturday nights. All of those are prime fast food eatin' times for a lot of people and all are times that CFA is open. I'm just saying maybe you could stand to be a tad more open minded about when you eat your friend chicken. (is he really that much of a friend if you're eating him...?)

The nearest one to my house is 30 miles away so I'm not exactly an every day customer myself. Besides, I've been cutting down on all fast food consumption the last few months anyway. Just too expensive wherever you go, both for your wallet and your waist.

Like I said, maybe you could stand to be a tad more open minded about the times you want what they offer. But if not, oh well. And since their policy is never to cuss at people and won't say fuck you back I'll say it with love for them: right back atcha, fucker.

Oh look, I stuck up for them anyway. God damn it...

If I’m doing fast food, I’m doing a big nasty burger. The last time I remember going to a Popeyes was probably well over 10 years ago. 

A relevant (to me) part I left out was me wanting a honey chicken biscuit on Sunday. Eating a chicken sandwich itself has minimal appeal to me. 

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

If I’m doing fast food, I’m doing a big nasty burger. The last time I remember going to a Popeyes was probably well over 10 years ago.

Other than the chicken sandwich, which they don't even have right now anyway, you haven't missed anything.

Where do you get your big nasty burger? Fat Moes? Backyard?

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

A relevant (to me) part I left out was me wanting a honey chicken biscuit on Sunday. Eating a chicken sandwich itself has minimal appeal to me. 

In this case I'll have to join you in brief solidarity to say "fuck you, CFA". If there's one thing that they can be criticized for is not having breakfast items available all day. There's nothing wrong at all with a honey chicken biscuit at 9pm.

Still... just sayin... you could grab one on a Saturday morning. 

15 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Other than the chicken sandwich, which they don't even have right now anyway, you haven't missed anything.

Where do you get your big nasty burger? Fat Moes? Backyard?

In this case I'll have to join you in brief solidarity to say "fuck you, CFA". If there's one thing that they can be criticized for is not having breakfast items available all day. There's nothing wrong at all with a honey chicken biscuit at 9pm.

Still... just sayin... you could grab one on a Saturday morning. 

I live in Texas - so I assume those are Nashville burgers.  For convenience + taste I go Wendy's (bacon cheese), but if out and about might do an In & Out.  Many of the "hip" places (5 Guys, Mooyah's, Smashburger) are good but don't have as many locations so I don't consider them frequently.

I do enjoy a Braum's burger from time to time and will eat Whataburger if on a roadtrip.

Sonic and DQ burgers are "meh" in my opinion - a waste of greasy opportunity for the calories.  

3 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

I live in Texas - so I assume those are Nashville burgers.  For convenience + taste I go Wendy's (bacon cheese), but if out and about might do an In & Out.  Many of the "hip" places (5 Guys, Mooyah's, Smashburger) are good but don't have as many locations so I don't consider them frequently.

I do enjoy a Braum's burger from time to time and will eat Whataburger if on a roadtrip.

Sonic and DQ burgers are "meh" in my opinion - a waste of greasy opportunity for the calories.  

I love In & Out. I've only ever eaten there once when I was in Forth Worth. There are none here in Nashville, unfortunately. We had Whataburger decades ago but they left town, also unfortunately.

Backyard and Fat Mo's are both local, Backyard is my go-to. They also serve these decadent cobblers (peach, blackberry, strawberry, etc) with this excellent vanilla ice cream that'll kill the hell out of your A1C. I never go to the yupster boutique burger places like 5 Guys. Just can't get on that hype train. I'm perfectly fine grabbing a Dave's Double from Wendy's. But if I'm looking to clog my arteries all the way up in one meal then I can go get a Super Deluxe at Fat Moes...

o.jpg

Try digesting all 27 oz of that beast...

3 hours ago, patsplat said:

Don't know about this sandwich but the actual Popeyes fried chicken is the best.  It's too damn good.

Eh, I'll take Bojangles.

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

fuck yeah.  And a burger joint server blackberry cobbler?!!?  That sounds divine.

And it's better than it sounds. Especially with their ice cream. You know how a lot of ice cream is more ice than cream? Theirs is the exact opposite of that.

https://www.backyardburgers.com/menu/shakes-desserts

"Underneath that flaky, buttery crust, our cobbler is loaded with fillings so good you’d sell your grandma for them. Flavors vary by location — blackberry, peach, cherry, strawberry & pecan — all served fresh from the oven."

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

And it's better than it sounds. Especially with their ice cream. You know how a lot of ice cream is more ice than cream? Theirs is the exact opposite of that.

"Underneath that flaky, buttery crust, our cobbler is loaded with fillings so good you’d sell your grandma for them. Flavors vary by location — blackberry, peach, cherry, strawberry & pecan — all served fresh from the oven."

Have a must visit when I finally make my Titans pilgrimage 

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Pecan cobbler? That sounds amazing.

We had a backyard burger in my hometown like 15 years ago. And one in my college town. I haven't seen any around in a decade 

1 minute ago, WG53 said:

Pecan cobbler? That sounds amazing.

We had a backyard burger in my hometown like 15 years ago. And one in my college town. I haven't seen any around in a decade 

I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty much a crack addict when it comes pecan pie around Thanksgiving... so if my imagination is correct I'd probably cream my thong on the first bite.

I'd check here for locations. There may not be any near you, but the next time you travel one of them might be in the general direction you're headed:

https://www.backyardburgers.com/locations

Guns drawn in US over a chicken sandwich sensation

Washington (AFP) - A man drew a gun in a Popeyes fast-food restaurant in Houston, Texas after learning it was out of a chicken sandwich that has been all the rage since being introduced last month, police said.

A group of five adults and a baby pulled up in a car at a Popeyes drive-in window Monday night to order the chain's hit new sandwich.

Told there were no more, they went into the restaurant and one of them drew a gun on employees, Houston police said on Twitter.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:52 AM, oldschool said:

who eats fast food these days?

Busted!!  I got a shot of you at KFC.   Your sandwich was so big, I couldn't get your face in the pic.

11122234322.jpg

Edited by Number9