NashvilleNinja

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call bullshit on that one.

Well you're just a weird ass little man, aintcha?   If it didn't make any sense it wouldn't taste so fucking good. I can't imagine how grapefruit would make anyone's coffee taste like anythi

Yeah. Those places are completely vacant everywhere I see them. I assumed they were subsidized or something.  Or do you think they are like mushrooms that just pop up after a rain?

8 hours ago, Denali said:

Nonsense.

No self-respecting southerner puts fried chicken on a sandwich.

Fried chicken is a delicacy.  It’s an institution.

Um. I’m a Southerner. I prefer everything as a sandwich. I used to eat spaghetti between two pieces of bread. 

But kudos for almost quoting My Cousin Vinny regarding the grits. 

1 hour ago, TampaTitan said:

Their service may suck and they may have underestimated their stock numbers, but that damn sandwich is fuckin delicious. 

That damn sandwich may be fuckin delicious, but their service sucks and they may have underestimated their stock numbers.

2 minutes ago, titanthakur said:

Don’t think I’ve ever had Popeyes, there aren’t really many of them in Northern New York but how do KFC sandwiches compare? 

I'm biased against KFC just because I think all their chicken needs at least one more trip through the fryer before you can actually say that it's "done". So I'll just refrain from comparing theirs to Popeyes.

Chick-Fil-A is a much better comparison because Popeyes new sandwich is essentially a ripped off CFA chicken sandwich. Popeye's sandwich is a little greasier than CFA's and some people say that Popeyes' is more seasoned. It may be, idk. I've only tried it once. CFA's sandwich does have a "cleaner" taste, for whatever that's worth.

Popeye's sandwich is pretty damn good, but it's not as good as CFA's and it sure as shit isn't better than CFA's. But it's close enough that if you eat Popeye's sandwich then you're pretty much eating CFA's. That being said, if there was a CFA and Popeyes side by side I'll choose to go to CFA 10 out of 10 times. The two eateries are as different as night from day. Whereas you have to deal with sold out hyped up sandwiches and shitty-as-fuck workers and their attitudes at Popeyes, CFA has gotten their food and customer service down to a science. They may always have long lines, but they keep em moving faster than anywhere else I've seen. It's probably the best fast food place you can go to... unless you're looking for a hamburger. Then you're either SOL or you're going to wherever they eat cow.

11 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm biased against KFC just because I think all their chicken needs at least one more trip through the fryer before you can actually say that it's "done". So I'll just refrain from comparing theirs to Popeyes.

Chick-Fil-A is a much better comparison because Popeyes new sandwich is essentially a ripped off CFA chicken sandwich. Popeye's sandwich is a little greasier than CFA's and some people say that Popeyes' is more seasoned. It may be, idk. I've only tried it once. CFA's sandwich does have a "cleaner" taste, for whatever that's worth.

Popeye's sandwich is pretty damn good, but it's not as good as CFA's and it sure as shit isn't better than CFA's. But it's close enough that if you eat Popeye's sandwich then you're pretty much eating CFA's. That being said, if there was a CFA and Popeyes side by side I'll choose to go to CFA 10 out of 10 times. The two eateries are as different as night from day. Whereas you have to deal with sold out hyped up sandwiches and shitty-as-fuck workers and their attitudes at Popeyes, CFA has gotten their food and customer service down to a science. They may always have long lines, but they keep em moving faster than anywhere else I've seen. It's probably the best fast food place you can go to... unless you're looking for a hamburger. Then you're either SOL or you're going to wherever they eat cow.

If I'm hankering for some of this on a Sunday, there's only one choice.

4 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

If I'm hankering for some of this on a Sunday, there's only one choice.

You say that like it's a legit criticism of CFA, but everything could use a sabbatical during the week. Your taste buds aren't any different...

It doesn't hurt their bottom line at all. It actually just adds an identifier that helps to set them apart from other fast food chains. People love to poke fun of or criticize the Sunday thing as part of the overall pissing n moaning about the religious background of the company's founders/executives and how they operate, but the idea that you should take at least a day out of the week to shut the engines down is something that modern society could use a metric fuck ton more of.

Besides, if you need a chicken sandwich that badly on Sunday there's always Popey... whoopsie.

Ouch Falling Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

You say that like it's a legit criticism of CFA, but everything could use a sabbatical during the week. Your taste buds aren't any different...

It doesn't hurt their bottom line at all. It actually just adds an identifier that helps to set them apart from other fast food chains. People love to poke fun of or criticize the Sunday thing as part of the overall pissing n moaning about the religious background of the company's founders/executives and how they operate, but the idea that you should take at least a day out of the week to shut the engines down is something that modern society could use a metric fuck ton more of.

Besides, if you need a chicken sandwich that badly on Sunday there's always Popey... whoopsie.

Ouch Falling Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Just like it is your opinion that CFA is the best ever, it is my opinion that Sunday is important.  Do you know how often I eat at any fast food chicken place?  Not very often.  I use to live very close to a CFA back in my single days.  After a good Saturday night, I'd sleep in on Sunday and I'd see the CFA sign and think "I could really use some friend chicken!"  But nooooo.  Always closed.  Eating fast food on a week night after work just sounds gross.  So no, I don't eat at CFA much at all.  

I don't care about their bottom line or other bullshit.  

Personally, they aren't open the times I want what they offer.  So fuck 'em.  

9 minutes ago, titanthakur said:

My Top 5 Factors when determining how good a chicken sandwich is:

1. Crispy

2. Sauce 

3. Spices

4. Bun

5. Well put together (Hate when the chicken or any ingredient in the sandwich just slides out)

CFA's plain chicken sandwiches are "hand-breaded, pressure cooked in refined peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips." Their plain spicy chicken sandwich is the same except for the pepper spices. They also have their grilled chicken and grilled chicken club sandwiches, which come with honey roasted BBQ sauce, tomato, and lettuce. The grilled club option adds bacon and colby jack.

But you can customize the plain sandwich with a number of various add-ons: bacon, colby jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, american cheese, lettuce, tomato, have it served with a multigrain brioche bun, also a gluten free bun, and they have a number of different condiment items (ketsup, Chick-Fil-A sauce, polynesian sauce, BBQ sauce, honey roasted BBQ, honey mustard, buffalo sauce, sweet n spicy sriracha, and ranch). The CFA sauce is apparently a mixture of honey mustard, BBQ, and ranch sauces.

Talking about all these sauces reminds me of episode 2 in season 5 of Breaking Bad where that Madrigal Electromotive executive is dipping tater tots or potato rounds into their various sauce offerings as a last meal before he goes to kill himself with the defibrillator.