2 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Paying has never been a problem. If there was an alternative I would happily pay. But there isn't

I'm an out of market fan and the Titans are the only team I'm interested in watching live. If I could pay like $100 just to watch the Titans live, I would but instead I'm forced to pay over twice as much for gamepass. It's not just the money, it's that sneaky feeling that you're getting fucked. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Even if it is, there will be streams out there still. It will still show how they are worth it over paying $40 a month for 5 months. Only difference is no pause/record. But it's easy to find replays as well....

Whether they are worth it over paying $40 a month for 5 months can't be "proven".  The answer to that question is subjective and varies by individual.

Take me for example.  Even if the stream is 100% awesome/reliable and it's the same link every week so I don't have to search around for new streams, it's still worth the $40 to me to have every game on multiple large screen TV's while sitting on my couch remotes in hand.  I can afford the $40 easy and i'm actually getting it free this year (again).

13 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Whether they are worth it over paying $40 a month for 5 months can't be "proven".  The answer to that question is subjective and varies by individual.

Take me for example.  Even if the stream is 100% awesome/reliable and it's the same link every week so I don't have to search around for new streams, it's still worth the $40 to me to have every game on multiple large screen TV's while sitting on my couch remotes in hand.  I can afford the $40 easy and i'm actually getting it free this year (again).

When you haven't done much with your life, 40 bucks is a much bigger deal.  Heaven forbid we pay for our entertainment.  

9 hours ago, Denali said:

I can remember when it was impossible to see any games other than the locally televised ones unless you had 50 million dollars to buy a satellite dish.  So I have no complaints about the fact that the games are now available at a fraction of that cost.

These are good times.

You are all too young and spoiled.

The big old C band moveable satellite dishes were expensive, but once you got it was great for sports, before they started scrambling everything. You could get Sunday Ticket for $39 pre season and $49 after Sept. 1 first year they offered it; jumped to $59 the second year. Each satellite had only 8 transponders so you sometimes had to move the dish to get to certain games. They used to do the MNF feed in the clear with the booth live during commercials, that was interesting. If you were willing to take the time to find it, you could get any college game that was televised. It was SD, but it was better than any over the air or cable feed, it maxed out at 500i.

21 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

WSMV is not blacked out. But their feed to Dish is. They even sent me a cheap antenna so I could try to watch the game.

I call Dish Wednesday night and they sent me an antenna. Luckily I received it yesterday, hooked it up and now have channel 4 on all my tvs. I was worried I was going to have to watch it live in the bonus room as that was the only tv where i had a OTA antenna hooked up. Much prefer to watch on my 120" projector. 

2 hours ago, Supdawg said:

I call Dish Wednesday night and they sent me an antenna. Luckily I received it yesterday, hooked it up and now have channel 4 on all my tvs. I was worried I was going to have to watch it live in the bonus room as that was the only tv where i had a OTA antenna hooked up. Much prefer to watch on my 120" projector. 

Dish told me I was out of range, yet channel 4 said I was not. This isn't a Leaf that goes on the wall but I'll give it a try. Why they don't move it up to their sports channel I don't know.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

If you're a season ticket holde you get NFL game pass for free provided you have a good internet connection to stream. Othewise it's not that big of a deal because every other Titans game is televised on either Fox or CBS so fuck direct tv.

20 hours ago, abenjami said:

is there some sort of trick you use?  I canceled and they gave me nothing but they didn't actually cancel it and it's still on my bill and after tomorrow supposedly you cant cancel.

So I'm calling back later this evening.

52 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

If you're a season ticket holde you get NFL game pass for free provided you have a good internet connection to stream. Othewise it's not that big of a deal because every other Titans game is televised on either Fox or CBS so fuck direct tv.

Sunday ticket isn't really targeted toward local fans like you.

I would say terrible quality is a great reason to not want to pay for the service. If your internet cut out every other hour would you keep on truckin with your provider or look for alternatives? DirecTv having a monopoly on Sunday Ticket and not being able to pay for just the games you want is a joke. Id rather they just get their own network but it would take a decade to get it running, perfected and everyone on board. Not to mention the big contracts they are out with the normal networks. 

22 hours ago, abenjami said:

You proved my point for me and dont even know it. 

Why did you attempt to get it free (again) if $40 a month is nothing for you?

It proves that if someone can get the same product for free, they will. Regardless of how deep their pockets are. Thanks.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

is there some sort of trick you use?  I canceled and they gave me nothing but they didn't actually cancel it and it's still on my bill and after tomorrow supposedly you cant cancel.

So I'm calling back later this evening.

It's called lying.