NashvilleNinja

So... Matrix 4 with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Ann Moss is happening

On 8/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, oldschool said:

The fight on the middle of the 2nd movie is incredible amd makes up for the rest of it. The third one sucks.

My best friend from high school and I would start at the chateau fight scene and watch all the way through the car chase scene multiple times per week 😂

I recently read the Wachowskis originally wanted it to just be 1 movie after the first. That would make sense tbh. They could've made a much stronger sequel if they had only used the best parts from 2 and 3. I haven't watched Revolutions in years but I ended up liking Reloaded much better after multiple viewings. I think the architect scene threw off so many coming out of theaters.

33 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

My best friend from high school and I would start at the chateau fight scene and watch all the way through the car chase scene multiple times per week 😂

I recently read the Wachowskis originally wanted it to just be 1 movie after the first. That would make sense tbh. They could've made a much stronger sequel if they had only used the best parts from 2 and 3. I haven't watched Revolutions in years but I ended up liking Reloaded much better after multiple viewings. I think the architect scene threw off so many coming out of theaters.

The architect scene is intended for those well versed in CPU architecture and machine learning. I think it went over the heads of the masses.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The architect scene is intended for those well versed in CPU architecture and machine learning. I think it went over the heads of the masses.

I think the real question is how the *real* world didn't know by then that Neo was a red herring or just another construct of the machine world. How did the machines manage to make each consecutive Neo look exactly like the previous Neo but without anyone in the underground world knowing? Mental projection of ones digital self is one thing, but physically I presume that they were all identical. Seems pretty improbable for machines to know the exact physical makeup to that minute detail when even real life identical twins don't even share that level of exactness, unless all those Neos were merely clones from the original person that was cloned/copied.

But if that's the answer... that all the Neos were merely clones... then it just begs the question: how did this version of Neo managed to be so different from all the previous Neos and why?

I haven't watched them in ages. I think I'll have to rewatch them soon.

I would not expect much from this project though. The content the Wachowskis have put out since The Matrix has not been inspired, although I haven't seen Sense8 and that seems better than their other films (some of which I enjoyed but were not really good).

4 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I haven't watched them in ages. I think I'll have to rewatch them soon.

I would not expect much from this project though. The content the Wachowskis have put out since The Matrix has not been inspired, although I haven't seen Sense8 and that seems better than their other films (some of which I enjoyed but were not really good).

I've tried a couple of times to get through Cloud Atlas, but it's too busy and disjointed.