PFF did 2019 QB Tiered Rankings (Pre Regular Season)

BudsOilers

4 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Winston should break away this season. 

With Arians there the 'QB whisperer' should be able to see where Winston's strengths/weaknesses are and plan accordingly. With the arm he has they could pass the ball around a lot ala Favre and it could work. If Winston lights a few teams up his confidence will sky rocket.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

obsession  noun ob·ses·sion | \ äb-ˈse-shən  , əb-\ Definition of obsession 1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feelingbroadly : compelling

Fixed.  Now everybody happy.

Especially since Brees, Brady, and Mahomes are claimed to be able to get high end production out of any supporting cast, when they've had nothing but great coaches and /or supporting casts as long as

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

Winston and Mariota seem joined at the hip.

So far Mariota has had the edge the last 4 years. Mariota has led his team to three straight winning seasons. Had numerous comebacks leading the NFL in that and red zone success in '16/'17 as well as a playoff win. BUT Winston has been slow to develop and if he does then he could overtake Mariota as the better QB.

52 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

So far Mariota has had the edge the last 4 years. Mariota has led his team to three straight winning seasons. Had numerous comebacks leading the NFL in that and red zone success in '16/'17 as well as a playoff win. BUT Winston has been slow to develop and if he does then he could overtake Mariota as the better QB.

Winston is closer to a second contract.  BA was brought in to accomplish that. Mariota’’s problems are different. His savior quit on us. Bad sign. 

6 hours ago, scine09 said:

obsession

noun

ob·ses·sion | \ äb-ˈse-shən  , əb-\

Definition of obsession

1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feelingbroadly : compelling motivationan obsession with profitshas an obsession with gambling

2: something that causes an obsessionLosing weight can be an obsession that results in the avoidance of certain foods.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsession

Honestly, it’s alarming. Outside of maybe a few posts; 90% of his posts are Mariota-related. 

It sucks cause I actually like his takes outside of Mariota. 

3 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Honestly, it’s alarming. Outside of maybe a few posts; 90% of his posts are Mariota-related. 

You don’t like the Mariota take but you know I’m right about it.  The vast majority of posts get turned into QB talk.  You still constantly having posters blame everything under the sun besides MM even though he’s been Marcus Locker for the last 2 years.

Its the pressing topic because the same issues he’s had are there in OTAs and preseason.  Especially when a viable alternative is available.

15 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Nobody likes Mariota takes.  Because they are about Mariota.

16 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Its the pressing topic because the same issues he’s had are there in OTAs and preseason

That's honestly the biggest problem. Everyone is sick of the Mariota posts because it's the exact same negatives for the past 3 years.... If there were more positives to talk about him, you'd be damn sure that 90% of this board would be jizzing about how much of a better team we are than most of the league. Instead it's just pointing out how he hasn't gotten any better and people are upset about it (whether it be upset that he's not good or upset that people rub it in their face, but you know damn well those would be opposite "I told ya so's" if he was lighting it up)

Edited by wiscotitansfan

10 hours ago, BudAdams said:

You don’t like the Mariota take but you know I’m right about it.  The vast majority of posts get turned into QB talk.  You still constantly having posters blame everything under the sun besides MM even though he’s been Marcus Locker for the last 2 years.

Its the pressing topic because the same issues he’s had are there in OTAs and preseason.  Especially when a viable alternative is available.

I don’t like it because it seems that’s all you post. I see other football discussion from other posters, but you stay on the Mariota topic like you think it’s going to go away if it’s not included in every post. 

Id just like to see different content from you. 

And I know it’s the pressing topic, but there are a million threads on it already. Everyone is tired of just reading and talking about Mariota. 

10 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

That's honestly the biggest problem. Everyone is sick of the Mariota posts because it's the exact same negatives for the past 3 years.... If there were more positives to talk about him, you'd be damn sure that 90% of this board would be jizzing about how much of a better team we are than most of the league. Instead it's just pointing out how he hasn't gotten any better and people are upset about it (whether it be upset that he's not good or upset that people rub it in their face, but you know damn well those would be opposite "I told ya so's" if he was lighting it up)

I don’t give a flying fuck about “I told you so.” And I’d honestly get tired of hearing all the time how great he is if he were indeed great. I don’t care who starts as long as we are winning. 

Its just the the sheer volume that frustrates me. Having to sift through the same regurgitated bullshit each day makes me excited for when real football comes back and maybe there is more discussion outside of the QB position. 

I cant speak for others, but you have my frustrations all wrong. 

2 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don’t give a flying fuck about “I told you so.” And I’d honestly get tired of hearing all the time how great he is if he were indeed great. I don’t care who starts as long as we are winning. 

Its just the the sheer volume that frustrates me. Having to sift through the same regurgitated bullshit each day makes me excited for when real football comes back and maybe there is more discussion outside of the QB position. 

It's not gonna happen lol ... unless Mariota starts playing consistently.

It's the most important position, the QB can't be an afterthought on Sundays. He has to play well or there will be a thread every week until he's gone.

9 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yours maybe but not the sentiment of the board and reactionary posts.... Every WR thread would be how Mariota is elevating their game and they're not as good as the stats say, or the RB is excelling because it's such a low spot on the totem pole

Conversations being "derailed" by talking about the QB isn't some new thing that's Mariota specific or Titans specific... Every single team focuses their conversation on the guy

I'm not calling you out on the frustrations per say, I'm just saying that the convos lean even further in derailment because it evolves into going back and forth how everyone is wrong compared to just acknowledging he's great.... As I've said before, these antagonistic comments have always been on this site when a QB is trying to stay afloat for dear life, it's the optimists pushing back harder than ever that make this QB lifecycle on this site different than other times