Titans vs. Browns Preview/Predictions

EagleEye

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

All the corners dropped this year. The knock on Greedy is he's skinny and not physical enough/not a good tackler. Against us, they won't need him to tackle, they'll need him to be a long, athletic corner with elite speed to stay in front of Davis and pick off any under-thrown balls from Mariota. He'll get some safety help and then they let Denzel Ward shadow Humph no matter where he goes. It's not going to be easy for us. 

Wat? When Henry is coming at him on an outside zone run I’m sure they’d like some sort of effort that is better than Ramseys 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You better pump dem brakes. That there is blasphemy. There is only one true, clipboard holder who defeated death and was born again.  

Half this board was creaming itself when Landry was a free agent, now he's not worth respecting...I get it, a lot of people have prematurely over-hyped the Browns but that's not a good reason to do th

The weakest unit on either team is Cleveland’s O-Line and it isn’t close.  Greg Robinson as starting LT is criminal when you have an ascending QB in Mayfield.   We can give Kelly help.  They

Posted Images

How amazing would it be if we just dominated the media darling Browns? (I kind of can’t believe that sentence is real life.)

The media narratives would all be about how the Browns were terrible and nothing about us of course, but it would still feel good. 

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

All the corners dropped this year. The knock on Greedy is he's skinny and not physical enough/not a good tackler. Against us, they won't need him to tackle, they'll need him to be a long, athletic corner with elite speed to stay in front of Davis and pick off any under-thrown balls from Mariota. He'll get some safety help and then they let Denzel Ward shadow Humph no matter where he goes. It's not going to be easy for us. 

.  I don't think they'll have an answer for Walker.

Edited by abc2330

3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

How amazing would it be if we just dominated the media darling Browns? (I kind of can’t believe that sentence is real life.)

The media narratives would all be about how the Browns were terrible and nothing about us of course, but it would still feel good. 

I don’t think that would be the narrative.

It would be the Browns got unlucky, new unit coming together, shit like that. They wouldn’t slander them that quick.

30 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Browns have sacked Winston 4 times in the first QTR of this PSG3, both teams playing the majority of their starters.

As strong as the Browns DL has looked, they have a problem at OT both LT/RT have looked shaky against a pretty average Bucs pass rush.

Without game planning. Dont read too much into preseason when it comes to group play.

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Okay.  That's solid analysis.  :91_thumbsup:

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Wat? When Henry is coming at him on an outside zone run I’m sure they’d like some sort of effort that is better than Ramseys 

If your gameplan hinges on your corners to stop Derrick Henry you're already fucked. They pay edge players to set an edge and linebackers to chase. A corner's main job is just to not give up his sideline and any dope with a pulse can do that. Ramsey is one of the most physical CBs in the game and Henry tramp stamps him on a bi-yearly basis. Call me crazy but I'm going to weigh coverage ability WAY higher than tackling.  

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

If your gameplan hinges on your corners to stop Derrick Henry you're already fucked. They pay edge players to set an edge and linebackers to chase. A corner's main job is just to not give up his sideline and any dope with a pulse can do that. Ramsey is one of the most physical CBs in the game and Henry tramp stamps him on a bi-yearly basis. Call me crazy but I'm going to weigh coverage ability WAY higher than tackling.  

IF Henry is ready, he'll be a load for them.

10 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

.  I don't think they'll have an answer for Walker.

They may not have one guy but they have speed at backer and he's not going to just be streaking around the field all day. The Browns gave up the 2nd least amount of slot yards last year. They have the talent to let their CBs take care of the receivers and then limit Delanie by committee  One or two players are not going to beat this team with the pass rush they'll be bringing. 

16 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

They may not have one guy but they have speed at backer and he's not going to just be streaking around the field all day. The Browns gave up the 2nd least amount of slot yards last year. They have the talent to let their CBs take care of the receivers and then limit Delanie by committee  One or two players are not going to beat this team with the pass rush they'll be bringing. 

Honestly, the entire defense just seems like a less talented Jacksonville.  We've been our own worst enemy moreso than a victim of great defenses in recent memory.  Their back 7 isn't physical enough for us.  One breakaway Henry run into the secondary, they'll be making business decisions.

Edited by abc2330

3 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Honestly, the entire defense just seems like a less talented Jacksonville.  We've been our own worst enemy moreso than a victim of great defenses in recent memory.

Less talented Jacksonville isn't a bad comparison but remember, it's not like we always dominate their defense. Their problem has been that we had Bortles's number and their offense was completely impotent which allowed us to stay in games and eventually Henry puts a couple between their eyes. If our offense doesn't put in work, that Browns offense will hang 14-17 on us real quick and all of a sudden Henry is all but out of the game and Mariota is having to find blanketed receivers in less than 4 seconds because the D has pinned it's ears back. It could get ugly fast.