Titans vs. Browns Preview/Predictions

EagleEye

Cleveland definitely beats us in star power. I think we have edge in the secondary, ILB and coaching. 

Our best bet is to ground and pound and keep their offense off the field. We don't want Miles going apeshit on Kelly. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You better pump dem brakes. That there is blasphemy. There is only one true, clipboard holder who defeated death and was born again.  

Half this board was creaming itself when Landry was a free agent, now he's not worth respecting...I get it, a lot of people have prematurely over-hyped the Browns but that's not a good reason to do th

The weakest unit on either team is Cleveland’s O-Line and it isn’t close.  Greg Robinson as starting LT is criminal when you have an ascending QB in Mayfield.   We can give Kelly help.  They

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Carpy said:

The weakest unit on either team is Cleveland’s O-Line and it isn’t close.  Greg Robinson as starting LT is criminal when you have an ascending QB in Mayfield.

We can give Kelly help.  They have holes all along their O-Line.  Our defense can be the difference in this game.  Wake and Landry should have a day out.

Much easier for defense to dominate early in the season.  I could easily see us winning.

This is the best case 

Before the Lewan suspension, I would have said we'd kick their ass.  Their tackles suck, and I don't think that the guard situation has worked out as they'd like (though we're having our own issues with that).  The back 7 of their defense is not impressive to be.  The LBs and safeties could really struggle with Walker and Henry if he gets going .  

Gonna be tough to guard those receivers, but I don't think the Brown's oline is gonna be very good. Baker is gonna wanna start fast. I think we frustrate them into some mistakes and grind this one out. Marcus has been pretty good in game 1's. 

17-16 Titans

Browns win that division after taking a tough lesson from a team they should have beat (Titans). I took Baker, Jarvis, and Browns D in fantasy draft last weekend. 

1 hour ago, Carpy said:

The weakest unit on either team is Cleveland’s O-Line and it isn’t close.  Greg Robinson as starting LT is criminal when you have an ascending QB in Mayfield.

We can give Kelly help.  They have holes all along their O-Line.  Our defense can be the difference in this game.  Wake and Landry should have a day out.

Much easier for defense to dominate early in the season.  I could easily see us winning.

That's how I see it. OBJ sometimes takes a minute to uncover with his wild ass routes. Baker won't have that long. He's gonna take some chances though...which gives Byard some chances. We will be less aggressive, pounding the big fella and chipping away with easier passes, moving the ball with discipline. That team is gonna think they're the 90's Cowboys vs the 2015 Bills--

1 hour ago, Supdawg said:

Cleveland definitely beats us in star power. I think we have edge in the secondary, ILB and coaching. 

Our best bet is to ground and pound and keep their offense off the field. We don't want Miles going apeshit on Kelly. 

We do have Byard but don't sleep on the Browns corner tandem of Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams. They're young, elite athletes, and have great ball skills. I think I like them better than ours.

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Browns are better across the board and the Lewan suspension is huge. The Browns are better at QB and the pass rush by a substantial amount. They were playing at home. 

Doesn't mean the Titans can't win but the line is correct imo

Won't lie.  I love me some Baker Mayfield.  He's got more swag than the entire Titans offense combined.  If he gets in a rhythm with these WR's, there's nothing the Titans will be able to do about it. 

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Browns are better across the board and the Lewan suspension is huge. The Browns are better at QB and the pass rush by a substantial amount. They were playing at home. 

Doesn't mean the Titans can't win but the line is correct imo

Vegas is gonna drain every last dime out of that Rust Belt game 1. 

52 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

We do have Byard but don't sleep on the Browns corner tandem of Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams. They're young, elite athletes, and have great ball skills. I think I like them better than ours.

They are both small, and just imagine Williams in run support vs Henry.  Their safeties were part of some of the shittiest passing defenses in the league in GB.  Their defense reminds me of a less talented Jacksonville.  If things get to the point where the d line isn't dominating and the back 7 has to be physical, I think that they'll struggle.