Marcus Mariota: A Thought, An Alternative and An Opinion

Jamalisms

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Mitch Trubisky went from 7td passes to 24 in one season.  It's not the huge gaping leap that some are making it out to be.  If he stays healthy and becomes a little more consistent, there is still a chance he earns at least a franchise tag.

So we're hoping for another Mularkey season ... fingers crossed everyone!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad someone had the stones to finally talk about Mariota's status in 2019 and beyond. That's been the elephant in the room that no one on TR has been willing to talk about!

Prologue I lack a platform. I don’t write for a website and my life doesn’t well lend itself to podcasting, for now at least.   I use twitter but mainly it’s just to be a bombastic, sar

Holy self-important diatribe!

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Name three franchises that would be ecstatic to sign Marcus Mariota thinking he was the last piece they needed to get to a SB.  Must be NFL teams.

colorful-emoticon-number-0-18136.gif

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

San Diego is not a well run franchise.  

Neither is the titans.

2 minutes ago, 8MM said:

colorful-emoticon-number-0-18136.gif

Neither is the titans.

And yet ... their QBs have done just fine. One of which, Rivers, plays under Whisenhunt ... our former head coach and play caller.

Odd how that happens.

Edited by big2033

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more designed runs and run options for Mariota this year.

Thus far in his career, they've had to try to protect him and keep him healthy.  Everyone knew last year we'd be screwed if Gabbert had to play for an extended period of time and the team also had to deal with all the money owed to Mariota for this season.

Things are different now.  We've got a solid backup in Tannehill and there's no more money owed to Mariota.  They can take off the red jersey and let him get hit all they want.

45 minutes ago, big2033 said:

And yet ... their QBs have done just fine. One of which, Rivers, plays under Whisenhunt ... our former head coach and play caller.

Odd how that happens.

Yeah, it's almost like he goes out of his way to ignore the obvious red bullseye.

7 hours ago, big2033 said:

So we're hoping for another Mularkey season ... fingers crossed everyone!

If Mariota throws for 22tds and Henry runs well, with this defense.  They're most likely going to be pretty decent.  Is it elite?  No.  Can you win a bunch of games with a QB who throws 20+tds a year?  Yes. 

Lol at Oilerman still beating the Mularkey drum.  Going back and watching some of those games during Mariota’s stretch had me shaking my head at some of the foolish trickeration playcalling.  The success rate on that garbage was almost nil and they would call these plays at crucial times and kill momentum drives. Good riddance to Mularkey. 

14 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Yesterday I heard PK say more and more people were telling him Mularkey knew MM's limitations and had to scale back the offense(paraphrasing) then today I heard Mark Hoard say that in retrospect Mularkey will be viewed differently for what he was able to get out of Mariota. 

Some already knew. 

Flueallen is lined up wide! durrrrrrr

Mularkey marketing hard for a job! 

• 4 weeks later...