Marcus Mariota: A Thought, An Alternative and An Opinion

Jamalisms

Just now, big2033 said:

Thats where we differ ... Mariota has not been the best player on offense or defense the last three years so i dont know how he has led them go 9-7. I cant give him that full credit.

Kerry Collins had us at 13-3 but he was a below average QB.

thats the funny thing about sports..you don't have to be the best ...just the best when it matters.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad someone had the stones to finally talk about Mariota's status in 2019 and beyond. That's been the elephant in the room that no one on TR has been willing to talk about!

Prologue I lack a platform. I don’t write for a website and my life doesn’t well lend itself to podcasting, for now at least.   I use twitter but mainly it’s just to be a bombastic, sar

Holy self-important diatribe!

10 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

thats the funny thing about sports..you don't have to be the best ...just the best when it matters.

Ok ... well i want the best consistently.

Consistency is what sets players and teams apart

I dont want another Kerry Collins ... gets u knowhere in my opinion... its a mirage. 

Edited by big2033

29 minutes ago, 8MM said:

And we wish you were Einstein.

What changes have been made to unlock "greatness"?  Hiring Moe, Larry, and Curly?  Every OC he's had no other team wants except  a green Lefleur.  And that was 1 yr with all the injuries.  Did anyone have the experience to teach him properly?  Or does that not matter to your kind?

Whoa man. Chill it with the racism!

Yesterday I heard PK say more and more people were telling him Mularkey knew MM's limitations and had to scale back the offense(paraphrasing) then today I heard Mark Hoard say that in retrospect Mularkey will be viewed differently for what he was able to get out of Mariota. 

Some already knew. 

Flueallen is lined up wide! durrrrrrr

4 hours ago, big2033 said:

Ok ... well i want the best consistently.

Consistency is what sets players and teams apart

I dont want another Kerry Collins ... gets u knowhere in my opinion... its a mirage. 

consistency starts at the top..hopefully our next QB will get to play for an organization that has that.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Yesterday I heard PK say more and more people were telling him Mularkey knew MM's limitations and had to scale back the offense(paraphrasing) then today I heard Mark Hoard say that in retrospect Mularkey will be viewed differently for what he was able to get out of Mariota. 

Some already knew. 

That whole segment was solid, if depressing. 

They sound like they’re basically where a lot of us are—expecting Mariota to be elsewhere next season. 

3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

That whole segment was solid, if depressing. 

They sound like they’re basically where a lot of us are—expecting Mariota to be elsewhere next season. 

Yes it was one of the better MM discussions I've heard.

5 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

it's not Vrabels fault...he didn't hire himself

and the Titans drafted Mariota #2...that is far more dictated by where particular teams are drafting and their needs.  It's not like Mariota dictated that.

and Mariota has led this team to 9-7..3 years straight with a playoff win.  It would seem to me he is at the least "good"...so yeah the organization has kept him from being great.

you choose the stats that make him look bad and you cast off the fact that he won a playoff game cause what does that matter.  It's laughable how results just don't seem to matter to so many...how did you get there and was it the way I wanted you to get there....did you do it the way I feel is the way to do it.

how can you possibly win without YAC?  

you are simple minded.

The equity from the KC playoff win for Mariota is over the top.  Mariota did play really well in the 2nd half but there was a lot going on in that game besides #8.

• The defense stonewalled the Chiefs, shutting them out in the 2nd half and allowing 61 yards on 20 plays.
  • Derrick Henry had 149 total yards in the 2nd half and 191 for the game

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Some already knew. 

Poor gentle genius that is Mike Mularkey. If only he could get that 4th shot at being a head coach he'd show em all.

Fwiw, I'd be careful gleaning information from eternal grumps like Mark Howard and Paul Kuharsky. 

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The equity from the KC playoff win for Mariota is over the top.  Mariota did play really well in the 2nd half but there was a lot going on in that game besides #8.

• The defense stonewalled the Chiefs, shutting them out in the 2nd half and allowing 61 yards on 20 plays.
  • Derrick Henry had 149 total yards in the 2nd half and 191 for the game

yep

10 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

even as a proclaimed "homer"  I think it's a stretch to think that Mariota will be here next season.

that would just take a lot of things going right and not much going wrong

In my opinion the only way he's not here next year is if he gets hurt again. If he stays healthy, he's going to have a decent year and the Titans will be in the mix. If that happens, he's at the very least getting franchise tagged. It all depends on his health. But it's not like Titans have some kind of great backup plan. 

9 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

In my opinion the only way he's not here next year is if he gets hurt again. If he stays healthy, he's going to have a decent year and the Titans will be in the mix. If that happens, he's at the very least getting franchise tagged. It all depends on his health. But it's not like Titans have some kind of great backup plan. 

I mean it more in the sense that he has no room for error.  his back is against the wall and even good teams often times find themselves coming up short due to injuries, how the ball bounces,  bad calls etc.

I look at it more of just an odds kinda thing if that makes sense.  No more free passes.

It's not a bold statement to say that he probably wont be here next year...it's just playing the odds.

Edited by bizzyeddie

13 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I mean it more in the sense that he has no room for error.  his back is against the wall and even good teams often times find themselves coming up short due to injuries, how the ball bounces,  bad calls etc.

I look at it more of just an odds kinda thing if that makes sense.  No more free passes.

It's not a bold statement to say that he probably wont be here next year...it's just playing the odds.

I get that the sentiment is that this is his last chance, but is the team really going to dump him if he stays healthy and has a not great, but decent year and the Titans are in the playoff mix? I don't see how you can just let him go and move on.