code

3 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Cosell must have missed pointing out all of those inaccurate completions that we're supposed to go to the house....lol.  btw, Cosell also validated what many of us were saying about the drop from Davis and that Mariota threw the ball perfectly despite great coverage.

Compare that throw to the sideline pass Tannehill made to Firsker.  High, away from the defender so that only the receiver could catch it.  Mariota threw it low and inside and gave the defender a chance to make a play on the ball.  I don't care what he said, it's pretty obvious that it was another inaccurate ball that Cosell was just trying to put a positive spin on.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly this board has become so fucking retarded it’s barely readable anymore. The non stop, unrelenting  criticism of Mariota has basically reached the point where it’s almost an addiction, it’s li

His TD pass was only worth 6 points. Tannehill would have thrown a 10 pointer. 

Somewhere in between the Mariota haters and the Mariota is great-ers, there are some of us that are waiting to see how he does his first few games this year in a pretty tough schedule. 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Compare that throw to the sideline pass Tannehill made to Firsker.  High, away from the defender so that only the receiver could catch it.  Mariota threw it low and inside and gave the defender a chance to make a play on the ball.  I don't care what he said, it's pretty obvious that it was another inaccurate ball that Cosell was just trying to put a positive spin on.

No, he specifically said that Mariota executed the play well.  He showed in PSG1 that he's willing to call Mariota out.  Makes no sense for him to pick that one play, out of everything, to put a positive spin.

Also, I'm glad Tannehill can make good throws against 2nd/3rd stringers....lol.  I'm sure he's not patting himself on the back for that.

Edited by VaTitan

On 8/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, OILERMAN said:

Would you have thought he had a 90+ rating in the Ravens game last season? How about the NE playoff loss a 92?

The Ravens loss he was terrible but in NE there was nothing he could do. I was at the game and all the Pats fans were wondering WTF was going on with the OL and playcalling

Easily the most annoying thing with Mariota is his inability to fire the ball with velocity like he did in 16. He had a TD to Matthews on a curl in the endzone, cant remember who it was against but he absolutely drove the ball on a line. Haven't seen that and not confident it's coming back

Mariota was fine with bad mechanics in college and his first 2 years. I think one of his pros coming out was the ability to throw off base. I think he's just mentally gone and that's a place he's never coming back from. Dude is terrified of stepping up in the pocket and it fucks up his feet to the point where it almost seems like he's closing his eyes and just letting the ball go