Preseason Week 2: Patriots @ Titans

Jonboy

4 hours ago, big2033 said:

I want throws like the one to Brown though.

We don't have Tom Brady. Mariota is not going to be a perfect thrower with perfect timing on the correct read every time.

He was drafted because these deficiencies are supposed to be balanced out by his ability to improvise like say ... DeShaun Watson.

This is the main issue that I feel like everyone has missed.

All this mechanics and read stuff wouldn't matter nearly as much if he could make you pay when he leaves the pocket.

Now, he needs to be perfect in the pocket because he lacks talent in these areas. That's a tough road.

this is pretty much my take on it...Mariota is what he is.  I really don't think he will ever show out too well in 1 or 2 or 3 drives cause he is just inconsistent.  He always starts games slow and a bit off.  Maybe he gives you a good scripted 1st drive but then he's gonna stall a bit.

Tannehill is gonna look better than him in practice and pre-season but real games are what matters.

I guess where I differ from you is I think he can still make you pay with his athleticism but he's gotta stay reasonably healthy...obvious catch 22.

IMO it's one year and next year we are gonna have a whole new QB room so I'm hoping he can keep it up for most of the year...and who knows...maybe a well rested Tannehill goes Nick Foles on everyones ass.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marcus looked competent on that drive!   Then....he goes balls out on a preseason 2 pt conversion. I expect to hear of elbow numbness soon. RIP in peace.

Both QBs played well, mariota against starters and Tanny against backups.   We should be happy for both.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

I laugh when people keep talking about ball placement with Mariota. He's throwing it in the vicinity of the WR. That's all you're getting, so take it or leave it.

The TD pass to Delaney was a thing of beauty. It was a narrow window and he led him perfectly with a perfectly placed pass. He CAN do it. He just needs to be more consistent.

1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

I've always been slightly afraid that this board is just me and some crazy guy in his moms basement with Schizophrenia.

All sock accounts belonging to Manningenvy.

Edited by freakingeek

14 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

The TD pass to Delaney was a thing of beauty. It was a narrow window and he led him perfectly with a perfectly placed pass. He CAN do it. He just needs to be more consistent.

it was a nice pass but the over the top praise needs to stop. Most good QBs make that throw without pressure 10/10 times.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

it was a nice pass but the over the top praise needs to stop. Most good QBs make that throw without pressure 10/10 times.

It was just an example of him having the ability to make those kind of throws. I've been ragging on him most of the day.

32 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Your youtube video is trash. Quality is ass.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2019/08/17/delaine-walker-td-catch-titans-patriots-ankle-injury/2033856001/

I didnt say it was a duck, but it wasnt a tight spiral neither. And yes, he still threw it off his back foot. 

You said it was a wobbler. It was not. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

My god, Jake. Do you need a seeing eye dog my man? The pass couldn't have been a much tighter spiral.

That's par for the course in Trump world. If you say a lie enough times you start really believing it.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It had a wobble to it. Funny thing is, the accuracy was great, the result was great, you're so butt hurt over some minor details. 

The Collusion Conspiracy taught you that if I'm not mistaken. 

Butt hurt? I could care less. Just calling BS on your dumbassery.

7 minutes ago, Face said:

My God now the TD pass is being criticized. This is rich. 

Not by the Nashville media, it's being described as one of the greatest throws in NFL history

• Jonboy unpinned this topic