Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Mariota Not a Lock for Week 1?

6 hours ago, japan said:

Do you even know what I’m talking about Simple Jake?

Yea, it's there in black and white, shit for brains. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

2 hours ago, TitanTez said:

Just watch his feet the whole time, especially after the play action.

Count his steps.

I count 11 steps total...8 after the fake hand off.

Also look at when he gets at the top of his drop on that 11th step, its not a plant and throw, he actually jumps forward before throwing, so you can add a hop step to that 11.

It's a hop throw and and not a plant and throw.

I've already stated why all of that is the case. Thanks for chiming in.....

Mythos27   
35 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

So if I say things are possible but unlikely and that I would not bet on them happening can I still take credit for saying it if it does happen?

I get the feeling we very well may find out. 

40 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

So if I say things are possible but unlikely and that I would not bet on them happening can I still take credit for saying it if it does happen?

I even gave him 4-1 based on his 20 percent probability lol. Still won’t take it. Guess he dosent believe in what he says.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I’m not convinced it will happen, I posted in easy to read text it’s possible, not likely. I even said I wouldn’t predict it. 

Durrrrrrr

All bark, no bite.

Grrrrrrrr

4 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

I even gave him 4-1 based on his 20 percent probability lol. Still won’t take it. Guess he dosent believe in what he says.

A Forum Titan fails to back up his tough talk. 

you hate to see it 

japan   
44 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Welcome to TR...

japan   
15 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea, it's there in black and white, shit for brains. 

You obviously don't have any idea what I was saying if you think it was anything to do with Mariota.

OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

You can certainly laugh at the people who guaranteed it wouldn’t 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

apparently so

Mythos27   
59 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

The Titans traded for Tannehill at the draft for a reason. To give him time to get to know the offense, the boys, and be ready to COMPETE in camp.

Let's face it, Mariota has been injured, had 756 different offensive coordinators, and above all never been pushed by another QB. Even with all these factors, the team needs more consistent QB play from the 1 and 2 in event of injury.

Anyone who doesn't think that Vrabel will start RT17 over 8MM is crazy. This team is solid QB play away from a very good playoff run and this organization knows it.

Literally no one thinks this.Everyone knows it's a possibility and the area of disagreement is how likely it is to happen. 

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I felt this. Not to be all mushy but I'm sorry that happened to you. With me it wasn't a head injury but rather recurring hamstring pulls in both legs that would not go away no matter what I did. I was a good sprinter in highschool and my freshman year of college but after a while I just didn't trust my body enough to go full speed anymore which as you can imagine is kind of important if you're going to sprint. Long after my hamstrings healed I just never got mentally comfortable enough to just go for it. It sounds stupid and maybe it doesn't happen to everyone but it sure happened to me which is partly why I give guys the benefit of the doubt regarding coming back from injury. 

Yeah man its definitely hard to deal with especially if they keep happening. It sucks you had to deal with that 

10 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

That's what happens when you're weak. Doesnt matter if the ball should have been out sooner. WR still had plenty of room and time. It was inaccurate and forced him out of bounds. 

The timing or footwork wasn't the worst part. The location of the throw was what made the entire thing bad. He makes that same throw but two feet to the left, no one is nitpicking that throw. 

I dont know if this means anything, but I've heard people complain about his passes that he puts too much air under the ball. So I looked at Brady and the way he grips. 3 fingers behind the laces and the pinky on them. Mahomes puts two fingers behind, the index finger on the first place then the pinky. Mariota actually puts 3 fingers on the laces, which means his hand is further up under the ball. No idea which is correct but noticed it.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, japan said:

You obviously don't have any idea what I was saying if you think it was anything to do with Mariota.

He rarely does, just come over to the Other Sports board if you want to see some of his best material.

But I think Mariota's chances of starting week 1 are much higher than Andrew Luck's, who will very likely be out for week 2 as well.