Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Mariota Not a Lock for Week 1?

7 hours ago, japan said:

This is just someone quoting the speculation by Russini  that tgo posted earlier.  Media Feedback Loop...

BS and you know it. Mariota is on the hot seat. 

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

BTW, it's absolutely comical how the MM fans act like it's so impossible. If he was replaced it wouldn't even be that big an NFL story. 

I was going to mention this but imagine if Mariota landed in a major market (NY, LA,CHI).  He'd be getting killed in the media for those "glorious" 2017 or 2018 seasons.  In Nashville, the excuse train runs wild.  Only now has there a little critcism.

I think it's sort of a big deal when he 's missing wide open SCHEME/MANAGED throws.  If he can't complete those gimmes, how is he going to complete the tough throws against the better defenses?  Actually, we kind of know the result.

This is also eerily becoming remminiscent of how Jake Locker's time in TEN ended.

4 hours ago, Titans279 said:

The throw again btw

Play_6_play_action_to_Jennings_out_of_bo

I honestly don't think his footwork was all that bad on that throw. Just a weak ass and inaccurate throw. 

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

I honestly don't think his footwork was all that bad on that throw. Just a weak ass and inaccurate throw. 

There was another throw that the footwork was pretty bad.   In retrospect, Charles Davis blaming Jennings is pretty bad.    I just don't know he misses this throw.  It's not like there was a pass rush.  Pocket was clean and the play worked...except for the throw.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

There was another throw that the footwork was pretty bad.   In retrospect, Charles Davis blaming Jennings is pretty bad.    I just don't know he misses this throw.  It's not like there was a pass rush.  Pocket was clean and the play worked...except for the throw.

looks like he's throwing to a spot... not the player. 

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

He was late too.

7 minutes ago, titanruss said:

He is.  And the LBer that moved out towards Jennings meant Marcus had to throw it higher than he probably would have liked.

He also could have lobbed it to Lewis once the LBer committed to Jennings, on what is essentially a wheel route.

9 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Ok.  But he needs to stop lobbing/throwing with touch and just let it rip.  It's a really maddening habit he has (and a legit criticism).

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

But Cosell pin pointed that throw to Jennings when talking about his footwork. 

We all know his weaknesses. He has no zip. He doesn't throw with any anticipation. He needs his WRs to be open in order to have the confidence in himself and them to throw it. He's a college QB who will never be consistently great in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

He's supposed to cut it loose at the end of 7 steps. He bounces, then moves forward. The ball should have been out sooner, and Jennings wouldn't have been out of bounds. These are all timing routes.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Ok.  But he needs to stop lobbing/throwing with touch and just let it rip.  It's a really maddening habit he has (and a legit criticism).

i'll agree that it should have been a completion, either because he should throw to the guy because he's now open and he should use his arm to get there.. or he places it better if throwing to a spot. 

12 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

I’m still available for betting on Mariota being the starter week 1

How stupid would you seriously have to be to think you could sucker someone, especially me, into making such a stupid bet? 

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

BS and you know it. Mariota is on the hot seat. 

Do you even know what I’m talking about Simple Jake?