Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Mariota Not a Lock for Week 1?

According to a report from ESPN football insider Dianna Russini, Mariota is “not a lock” to start for the Titans in Week 1. According to Russini, the Titans could shock nearly everyone and opt for current backup Ryan Tannehill to start when the Titans face the Cleveland Browns in their regular season opener.

“There’s a tone in Tennessee right now that this coaching staff just wants a quarterback to go out there and be the best quarterback there,” Russini said Monday on ESPN’s “Get Up." “Meaning it is not a lock that this is Marcus Mariota’s job.”

As I've already posted, I absolutely believe it's possible MM doesn't make it to week 1. I'm not predicting it but there is a scenario where he gets the hook. 

Good God, he looked like a rookie scrub in PSG1

BTW, it's absolutely comical how the MM fans act like it's so impossible. If he was replaced it wouldn't even be that big an NFL story. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This was first posted the day after PSG1.

Posted here? Link it and I can merge. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@Jonboy not sure which thread it was in but this topic was well and truly discussed the day after PSG1.

Oh so not it’s own thread?

Definitely thread worthy, imo. I’d say a lot of people aren’t able to read every post of those larger threads.