It really is the perfect year to need a QB

TheBukafax

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good god no to Tua.  Leery of most of these guys but the next guy has to be an accurate passer with an NFL arm.  

No more Polynesians!   ”Send them home”

Tank for Lawrence.

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I'm doubtful we'll have a chance at a top guy.

We may be in a situation where we keep Mariota for another year regardless.

I think his name is Jordan Love, from Utah State. That’s who I’m aiming for. He’s athletic, but he uses it to pass instead of running. Herbert and Tua will be gone. We’ll likely have the chance to move up for Love or Fromm. I’m taking Love. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think his name is Jordan Love, from Utah State. That’s who I’m aiming for. He’s athletic, but he uses it to pass instead of running. Herbert and Tua will be gone. We’ll likely have the chance to move up for Love or Fromm. I’m taking Love. 

Yeah I heard his name come up in a draft scouting site.

I do hope it's a situation where 4 great QB prospects get a first-round grade to take the pressure off.

44 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Yeah I heard his name come up in a draft scouting site.

I do hope it's a situation where 4 great QB prospects get a first-round grade to take the pressure off.

Thats why I made this thread because their most likely will be.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Way too early to get a true feel for where you might need to be to draft Tua/Herbert/Love/Fromm/Eason or any other QB, important to remember the last two number 1 picks Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield weren't even on the radar as possibilities to be the number 1 pick entering their final CFB seasons.

Kind of hope a non QB needy team ends up with the number 1 pick this year, maybe the Cardinals, would mean trading up for the top QB would be a possibility, if a team like the Bengals/Dolphins/Raiders end up with the top pick they aren't trading it away they are taking the best QB available.

If we have to move on the best move in term of optimizing our chances at a franchise QB will be to have a top pick. That’s just the math. 

We can either trade up with a king’s ransom in 2020 (I’m assuming we’re going to be a pretty solid team this year) or tank in 2020 for 2021. 

The best way to tank would be to sign a shitty vet QB and/or draft a 2nd round QB in 2020. You can start with the shitty vet but eventually he’ll suck so you start the rookie who probably sucks too.  

This was basically the Panthers strategy with Jimmy Clausen in 2009 before drafting Cam Newton the next year and the Browns strategy with Kizer before drafting Mayfield. 

Our roster is pretty primed for a good run though so I can’t see tanking really being an attractive option. 

9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Way too early to get a true feel for where you might need to be to draft Tua/Herbert/Love/Fromm/Eason or any other QB, important to remember the last two number 1 picks Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield weren't even on the radar as possibilities to be the number 1 pick entering their final CFB seasons.

Kind of hope a non QB needy team ends up with the number 1 pick this year, maybe the Cardinals, would mean trading up for the top QB would be a possibility, if a team like the Bengals/Dolphins/Raiders end up with the top pick they aren't trading it away they are taking the best QB available.

This year is different. Tua and Herbert are basically locks as the 1 and 2. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This year is different. Tua and Herbert are basically locks as the 1 and 2. 

Bit too early to lock that in yet, Tua has arm strength questions and was terrible against any decent level of competition last year (Georgia/Clemson), Herbert has all the physical tools but has accuracy issues and there are rumors questioning his mental toughness/resilience (Matt Miller brought this up during the recent draft cycle)

These two could absolutely go 1 and 2 just a bit early to crown them yet.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Bit too early to lock that in yet, Tua has arm strength questions and was terrible against any decent level of competition last year (Georgia/Clemson), Herbert has all the physical tools but has accuracy issues and there are rumors questioning his mental toughness/resilience (Matt Miller brought this up during the recent draft cycle)

These two could absolutely go 1 and 2 just a bit early to crown them yet.

If the draft were held today those would be the top 2 QBs off the board. I doubt that changes, and I hope it doesn’t. We could really use 4-5 1st round QBs next year. If either of them drop it muddies the water. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If the draft were held today those would be the top 2 QBs off the board. I doubt that changes, and I hope it doesn’t. We could really use 4-5 1st round QBs next year. If either of them drop it muddies the water. 

Don't disagree if the draft was held today, just think a lot can change in the next 8.5 months, personally I wouldn't rule out Love having a Wentz type rise, he has all the tools.

Have you watched the Love vs Michigan St game, the Draft Network guys highlighted it a couple of months ago, it was what initially peaked my interest in him.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Don't disagree if the draft was held today, just think a lot can change in the next 8.5 months, personally I wouldn't rule out Love having a Wentz type rise, he has all the tools.

Have you watched the Love vs Michigan St game, the Draft Network guys highlighted it a couple of months ago, it was what initially peaked my interest in him.

I actually did tonight. This is why I’m hoping Tua and Herbert come off first. The kid is rough around the edges, but his arm pops off the screen. I’m making my call on Tua and Herbert so we get a shot at that kid. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

6 hours ago, big2033 said:

I'm doubtful we'll have a chance at a top guy.

We may be in a situation where we keep Mariota for another year regardless.

There is no way they are dedicating 27 mill to MM based on what we've seen thus far