It really is the perfect year to need a QB

TheBukafax

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good god no to Tua.  Leery of most of these guys but the next guy has to be an accurate passer with an NFL arm.  

No more Polynesians!   ”Send them home”

Tank for Lawrence.

9 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If Mariota starts stinking it up I'm not even waiting for the season to end to start looking at QBs. I haven't done the leg-work on these guys yet but as of right now I'm pretty unimpressed by this class. The one guy I did do some work on was Herbert and I didn't love him. I thought he was a second round talent but let's see what over more season does for him.

I say this from the standpoint of someone who doesn’t watch a lot of college football: that’s kinda left-field. Everything I’ve seen has said this is a great QB crop. I respect your opinion, so it’s got me wanting to watch this next season. Haha

9 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

If Mariota starts stinking it up I'm not even waiting for the season to end to start looking at QBs. I haven't done the leg-work on these guys yet but as of right now I'm pretty unimpressed by this class. The one guy I did do some work on was Herbert and I didn't love him. I thought he was a second round talent but let's see what over more season does for him.

Ranking of all the college QBs.  I may do a thread about college QBs in another forum a little later in the year.  It's still too early to know what teams will be looking and how the college guys rank, but this is a starting point.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I say this from the standpoint of someone who doesn’t watch a lot of college football: that’s kinda left-field. Everything I’ve seen has said this is a great QB crop. I respect your opinion, so it’s got me wanting to watch this next season. Haha

I watch very little of it myself until draft time. For our sake I hope there are like 3 stud QBs out there lol.

6 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

There will be a bunch of QBs but no guaranteed slam dunk.

2021 is the sure thing with Trevor Lawrence.

That's the exact vibe I'm getting. Then again, I thought the same thing in 2017 and now Mahommes is looking like a future gold jacket recipient so what the hell do I know lol.

Edited by Mythos27

12 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

That's the exact vibe I'm getting. Then again, I thought the same thing in 2017 and now Mahommes is looking like a future gold jacket recipient so what the hell do I know lol.

Exactly lol and he went 10th. With a draft not so QB needy the team will be in same spot as chiefs.

Edited by TheBukafax

There is never a good time to be looking for an NFL QB, unless you have the #1 pick and someone like Luck is on the board. The Titans recently failed at QB with the 3rd and 8th overall pick and could be on the way to a three peat. 

It's even harder when a team is drafting in the middle or lower part of the draft which is where the Titans will most likely be.

Even if there are a number of quality QB candidates above your pick, it's also very possible that other teams will recognize the value and make the selection.  Teams that may not seem to be in the market today could easily be come April if the player and value is right.

Drafting in the middle to low middle is QB hell and it's not a good place to be.

14 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This is the guy to keep an eye on, not as hyped as the guys at the bigger programs but might end up being the best QB out of all of them.

Bigger quarterback whose athletic, but not a scrambler.  Has accuracy at all three levels of the field.  Has great awareness when a pass needs to have touch vs added velocity.  Theirs a lot to love about his play.

1 hour ago, ctm said:

There is never a good time to be looking for an NFL QB, unless you have the #1 pick and someone like Luck is on the board. The Titans recently failed at QB with the 3rd and 8th overall pick and could be on the way to a three peat. 

It's even harder when a team is drafting in the middle or lower part of the draft which is where the Titans will most likely be.

Even if there are a number of quality QB candidates above your pick, it's also very possible that other teams will recognize the value and make the selection.  Teams that may not seem to be in the market today could easily be come April if the player and value is right.

Drafting in the middle to low middle is QB hell and it's not a good place to be.

KC and Houston seemed to do all right in a similar scenario

36 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

KC and Houston seemed to do all right in a similar scenario

Even look back at the last decade of superbowl winners

Brees/Foles/Wilson/Flacco/Rothlisberger/Brady/Rodgers none were 1st overall Quarterbacks

5 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Even look back at the last decade of superbowl winners

Brees/Foles/Wilson/Flacco/Rothlisberger/Brady/Rodgers none were 1st overall Quarterbacks

Nope. Manning and Luck have been the last good 1s.

It's really impossible to know if it's a good year or not.

People talked about Mariota/Winston as a good year for a long time and look at them now. Then Goff/Wentz were less hyped and so far they're the clear winners head-to-head.

The problem is there's a good chance even your top pick QB is a bust.

1999 - 2014 the bust rate for QBs drafted:

Top 10: 15/25

Top 5: 10/20

Top 2: 5/13

Top 1: 4/11

If you add 2015 QBs Mariota/Winston as busts obviously it changes to 5/12 and 6/14. Given the small sample size it's not that much different from a coin flip.