Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

Anyone remember hearing about this?

4 minutes ago, Rogue said:

I posted 64 black men killed by police and you don't remember any of them?  

You should, right?  Isn't that your point?  

You are not media viewed  by and attempting to influence millions. Sorry. Not the same. 

Btw, I said the ones I do remeber are the black ones. Because those who do have the national spotlight make it more of a ratings catcher than just simply doing their job, which is to inform.

Freddy Gray, Eric Garner...I could go on but there's no point. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

You are not media viewed  by and attempting to influence millions. Sorry. Not the same. 

Btw, I said the ones I do remeber are the black ones.

Freddy Gray, Eric Garner...I could go on but there's no point. 

Yeah, there's media reports of people being killed by police, many are black people.  But you don't remember the 64 I showed you?  

That IS your point, right?  The media over blows black killings be police?  But you don't remember the 64?  Why do you think that is? 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/opinions/daniel-shaver-shooting-opinion-gagliano/index.html

4 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Yeah, there's media reports of people being killed by police, many are black people.  But you don't remember the 64 I showed you?  

That IS your point, right?  The media over blows black killings be police?  But you don't remember the 64?  Why do you think that is? 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/opinions/daniel-shaver-shooting-opinion-gagliano/index.html

I wouldnt say its overblown, but they certainly dont hold stories of white victims to the same degree. I just think if they are very disturbed by police brutality, it should be the same for all victims. Not just those who are minorities. Not just ones they can promote hate with. Not just ones thy think are best for ratings. 

And I am unlikely to remember what ppl on here post because they aren't forced on me everywhere I turn. Its completely different with the national media. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I wouldnt say its overblown, but they certainly dont hold stories of white victims to the same degree. I just think if they are very disturbed by police brutality, it should be the same for all victims. Not just those who are minorities. Not just ones they can promote hate with. Not just ones thy think are best for ratings. 

Partly because black people have a higher chance of being shot by the police, even though a smaller percentage of the population.  

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/after-ferguson-black-men-and-boys-still-face-the-highest-risk-of-being-killed-by-police

You probably figure it's not a big deal and will write it off.  Clearly though, there's a problem.  

16 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

And I am unlikely to remember what ppl on here post because they aren't forced on me everywhere I turn. Its completely different with the national media. 

How exactly is the national media forced on you?  You can't turn the TV off or change the channel?  

Clearly this was intentionally buried by the media. A quick google news search only turned up stories from NBC CBS ABC CNN Fox The Independent The Atlantic and some local news channels. Not a peep from the CW or Spike TV.

FWIW the cop that shot the white autistic kid was sentenced to jail time. If only that kid had been black amirite?

49 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

@Bink hot take spin attempt got body slammed because he couldn't comprehend the 5 word title and runs away.

It's ok, man. You're not the one I'm mad at. 

The disconnect here is that you are finding examples of the media reporting on incidences you say they didn't report on. The later video you posted was widely critiqued and was certainly discussed here when it happened. Your perception is not reality. You deliberately searching for stories that were covered in the news saying the media didn't make a big deal out of something is disingenuous. This shit is being reported on man. Your memory is not the fucking litmus test. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Remember the one about black victims.....

Like that autistic black kid with a toy truck who was shot at. But they hit his caregiver....

I mean, when the stories are week+ long headlines, easy to remember. 

But you're right, I dont remember many unarmed whites getting shot by cops because they aren't talked about ad nauseum.

Black kid with a toy car who was shot at way different than kidnin a car with criminal dad cops didn’t know about 

2 hours ago, 52O said:

Black kid with a toy car who was shot at way different than kidnin a car with criminal dad cops didn’t know about 

Oh, so know we take the black cops word? Funny, ppl dont seem to take the white cops word for shit....hes just a racist pos when that happens. 

What happened to hands up dont shoot? Doesnt work for white ppl?

Did you watch the video?

Did you watch the cop stumble over his words while wearing sunglasses in the interview? Lol

Of course he's going to say he didnt see a child. Why would he, even if he did?

Funny, two black guys shoot unarmed white man and kill his child in the process.

Wheres the racist outrage by the media?

Nowhere. 

White cops shoot Michael Brown who committed a crime before attacking g a cop. But of course, nothing but racism killing!

1 hour ago, 'Nator said:

Hey guys, I think, Jake may be fucking retarded. 

No, really! 

Explain how. Please do. Did you watch the video?

If that was a black man with his child and the two cops are white, hows this play out?

Do you care to tell us how that would play out @Btowner? How about you @big2033. Yall are very outspoken on white cops killing blacks. Why quiet on black cops killing whites? Dont care, right?

No problem showing Eric Garner get choked out. Inspires that hate, boy! Gets that blood boiling.  Media loves riling up the black folk. Promoting those riots. They love it!

Isnt it funny they actually dont even show the shooting. But we are supposed to believe the cops? Lmao

"Fired with no warning" says the victims dad. 

"I didnt even see a kid, bro" says the cop.

Ok, bro! I believe you! You still shot an unarmed citizen, bro!

Please, tell me you non retarded mother fuckers. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

It's a shame some of yall are quick to side with media when they tell you racism is what led to a white cop killing an unarmed black man. 

But yall dont give two fucks when it's the other way around.

The double standard yall live by is always rearing its ugly ass face. 

18 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Oh, so know we take the black cops word? Funny, ppl dont seem to take the white cops word for shit....hes just a racist pos when that happens. 

What happened to hands up dont shoot? Doesnt work for white ppl?

Did you watch the video?

Did you watch the cop stumble over his words while wearing sunglasses in the interview? Lol

Of course he's going to say he didnt see a child. Why would he, even if he did?

Funny, two black guys shoot unarmed white man and kill his child in the process.

Wheres the racist outrage by the media?

Nowhere. 

White cops shoot Michael Brown who committed a crime before attacking g a cop. But of course, nothing but racism killing!

Explain how. Please do. Did you watch the video?

If that was a black man with his child and the two cops are white, hows this play out?

Do you care to tell us how that would play out @Btowner? How about you @big2033. Yall are very outspoken on white cops killing blacks. Why quiet on black cops killing whites? Dont care, right?

No problem showing Eric Garner get choked out. Inspires that hate, boy! Gets that blood boiling.  Media loves riling up the black folk. Promoting those riots. They love it!

Isnt it funny they actually dont even show the shooting. But we are supposed to believe the cops? Lmao

"Fired with no warning" says the victims dad. 

"I didnt even see a kid, bro" says the cop.

Ok, bro! I believe you! You still shot an unarmed citizen, bro!

Please, tell me you non retarded mother fuckers. 

What? Who cares. If you want to take one example of a black cop shooting someone white as the norm so you can feel better feel free.

4 hours ago, Rogue said:

Partly because black people have a higher chance of being shot by the police, even though a smaller percentage of the population.  

So them being at greater risk makes it more troubling than when it happens to whites?

Doesnt make sense if sanctity of life and a wrongful action by a cop is whats really the issue. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/after-ferguson-black-men-and-boys-still-face-the-highest-risk-of-being-killed-by-police

You probably figure it's not a big deal and will write it off.  Clearly though, there's a problem.  

If those are the facts there is nothing to dismiss other than your argument that just because they are at higher risk means it's more egregious. 

How about this....

https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/survey-analysis/demographics

There are less blacks, but they are far more likely to get involved in the gang life. Who is more susceptible to getting involved with cops than gang members? That's white ppls problem? You're going to hold it against them because they are less likely to be involved in gang activities? Less likely to put themselves in a position to be confronted by a cop? 

Do the choices individuals make that put them in those positions not matter?

I'm sorry that whites are less likely ro get into the criminal life, and as a result, less likely to get into a bad situation with a cop.

Im sorry there arent more Mike Browns in the white community. 

How exactly is the national media forced on you?  You can't turn the TV off or change the channel?  

Its everywhere. You going to deny that. Going to argue it's harder to ignore users on TR than it is to ignore mainstream media? I doubt it. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan