Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Dak Prescott Reportedly Turns Down $30 million/year offer

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ahh, so when a questioned is posed to you, you run?

How typical of cellar dwellers on the internet. 

You a fucking moron!

Oh, you have a question for me that makes my argument look bleak, let me scurry away now, while adding another insult. 

Ppl like you and others on here like you is why Walmarts get shot the fuck up. 

As I've said, keep helping the world spin violently!

Seems like you’re doing a damn fine job, yourself. 

Keep scummy. 

So what has DAK done to warrant the 30 mil let alone the 40 mil?

Playoff wins, SB?  Flacco at least had the benefit of leading his team to a SB. 

He is a decent, not great QB with the same number of playoff wins as Mariota.   

Just now, Soxcat said:

So what has DAK done to warrant the 30 mil let alone the 40 mil?

Playoff wins, SB?  Flacco at least had the benefit of leading his team to a SB. 

He is a decent, not great QB with the same number of playoff wins as Mariota.   

These situations are always about leverage. Prescott has it. He wasn't drafted in the 1st round so The Cowboys can't use the 5th year option, that leaves them with the Franchise tag or an extension. 

The Cowboys are also in situations with Zeeke, Cooper and Byron Jones. Especially Cooper and Jones. 

If the Cowboys have to franchise Dak then Cooper and Jones have the ability to hit the market without getting Franchised. 

Dak is wise to use his leverage to get the most possible. 

On the other side if I'm the Cowboys I'd seriously consider just going after a vet like Andy Dalton or Tannehill or a rookie after the season and telling Dak to get lost. He's not irreplaceable 

4 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Seems like you’re doing a damn fine job, yourself. 

Keep scummy. 

You think? Didnt realize I was the one calling ppl names and throwing insults when I lose an argument. 

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

These situations are always about leverage. Prescott has it. He wasn't drafted in the 1st round so The Cowboys can't use the 5th year option, that leaves them with the Franchise tag or an extension. 

The Cowboys are also in situations with Zeeke, Cooper and Byron Jones. Especially Cooper and Jones. 

If the Cowboys have to franchise Dak then Cooper and Jones have the ability to hit the market without getting Franchised. 

Dak is wise to use his leverage to get the most possible. 

On the other side if I'm the Cowboys I'd seriously consider just going after a vet like Andy Dalton or Tannehill or a rookie after the season and telling Dak to get lost. He's not irreplaceable 

That is the question.  Is he replaceable or isn't he?  If he is he doesn't have leverage.  Leverage comes with being uniquely good.  Hard to replace.  

Luckily for Dak he had a real good year in 2018.  But in 2017 he was very average. Last year Dak was sacked 56 times.   

These players get it pumped into their head they are the second coming when they are average.  Outside of Winston and Mariota both likely being available there are guys like Keenan, Sudfeld and of course Tannehill.  I'd wait out this year and sign him only if he can have another solid year.  Sure, the TAG won't be as CAP friendly but if the kid wants $30+ a year he is giving you no choice.  Someone needs to call someone's bluff on this.   

I think we are about to see the market correct and some of these QBs are going to fuck themselves. While QB is undoubtedly the most important position, we are seeing teams win now with QBs on rookie deals and these "offensive guru" head coaches being able to work with less. When Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz, Watson, Goff and the like are shitting on the league, system or not, why the fuck would you pay a middle ground player? 

7 hours ago, Soxcat said:

That is the question.  Is he replaceable or isn't he? Someone needs to call someone's bluff on this.

Without the benefit of having Zeke in the backfield, Dak is merely average. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a Cowboys fan.

But if we see another season-long holdout like what happened in Pittsburgh then Dak will truly be exposed, so hopefully he gets his new deal first.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

37 minutes ago, 8MM said:

@OILERMAN, when will we hear MM's agent offer Jrob 1 million a year and Jrob turns him down?  😂

Never, they aren’t offering him 1 mill a year

Tanny will get the offer

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Tanny will get the offer

At least the Titans have Tannehill to fall back on if things don't work out with Mariota. All the Colts have with Luck hurt again is Brissett. :sad:

Yea but Luck doesn't get hurt as often although he had the one bad injury.  And he plays well when he plays.  We aren't sure Mariota is worth having out there 100% healthy.  Brissett might be as good as Mariota anyway. 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:26 AM, Soxcat said:

Yea but Luck doesn't get hurt as often although he had the one bad injury.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's hurt right now and there's almost no way he is going to play week 1, or probably week 2 either.