Dak Prescott Reportedly Turns Down $30 million/year offer

Jonboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to bring this back up but thought this was funny.   

When Joe Flacco became the highest paid QB in the league the whole market went to shit. Every QB said, "Look another team will pay me this much, I'll walk if you don't." 

19 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

It's funny you really think you have to ask this. No shit more money is more money. 

But what would you rather have 4 yr 30 million per and 40 guaranteed. Or 4 yr 40 million and 30 gaurenteed?

First option is 120 over 4 years with 40 gaurenteed.

Second option is 160 over 4 years with 30 guaranteed. 

Ok, yea, you get 10 million more gaurenteed right off the rip, but the contract as a whole is 40 million less. What's the chances he doesnt play the entire contract out? Slim, right? 

So which one?

But go ahead with your hypotheticals you THINK is the case while calling others moron. 

Love the hate. Keep the world spinning!

Lmao at the insults. You're a missing the point. You have no fucking clue what the gaurenteed was. But yes, throw insults as if you have inside info the rest of us do not.

It really is. Each side makes it tougher because they are afraid of injuries.

Maybe maybe maybe....

You dont know.....I see this....

I don’t even know why I bother to respond to you. Have a good night Jake. Keep it simple. 

20 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So you can't answer the question? Gonna pussy out?

Alright I’m bored. 

What is even the question? Your two options are two unrealistic contracts for a franchise QB. $30 or $40 mil guaranteed? Russel Wilson just signed a $107 mil guaranteed deal. NFL players hold out and turn down deal every year due to the terms and guaranteed money. That is by far the most important number for contracts. Not sure why you think anyone is off for speculating that that number is what truly is holding up a deal from being done. 

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Last year, AB showed what a load of bs the owners throw out about players.  AB signed the tag and ended up getting over 400 touches in 2017.  They wanted to tag him again and give him 400+ more.  The Steelers would announce the big figures they offered him, but they could cut him before he really got paid.  Look at value the Cowboys have got from Dak vs the money for a first round QB.  Now, they toss out a big number with no details.  LOOK!!  Dak turned down 30M!  BS.

I also seem to recall them offering to make him the highest paid running back in league history instead of the franchise tag but he wanted to be paid like both a running back and a receiver (Le'Veon Bell)

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ahh, so when a questioned is posed to you, you run?

How typical of cellar dwellers on the internet. 

You a fucking moron!

Oh, you have a question for me that makes my argument look bleak, let me scurry away now, while adding another insult. 

Ppl like you and others on here like you is why Walmarts get shot the fuck up. 

As I've said, keep helping the world spin violently!

Seems like you’re doing a damn fine job, yourself. 

Keep scummy. 

Just now, Soxcat said:

So what has DAK done to warrant the 30 mil let alone the 40 mil?

Playoff wins, SB?  Flacco at least had the benefit of leading his team to a SB. 

He is a decent, not great QB with the same number of playoff wins as Mariota.   

These situations are always about leverage. Prescott has it. He wasn't drafted in the 1st round so The Cowboys can't use the 5th year option, that leaves them with the Franchise tag or an extension. 

The Cowboys are also in situations with Zeeke, Cooper and Byron Jones. Especially Cooper and Jones. 

If the Cowboys have to franchise Dak then Cooper and Jones have the ability to hit the market without getting Franchised. 

Dak is wise to use his leverage to get the most possible. 

On the other side if I'm the Cowboys I'd seriously consider just going after a vet like Andy Dalton or Tannehill or a rookie after the season and telling Dak to get lost. He's not irreplaceable 

I think we are about to see the market correct and some of these QBs are going to fuck themselves. While QB is undoubtedly the most important position, we are seeing teams win now with QBs on rookie deals and these "offensive guru" head coaches being able to work with less. When Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz, Watson, Goff and the like are shitting on the league, system or not, why the fuck would you pay a middle ground player? 

7 hours ago, Soxcat said:

That is the question.  Is he replaceable or isn't he? Someone needs to call someone's bluff on this.

Without the benefit of having Zeke in the backfield, Dak is merely average. Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a Cowboys fan.

But if we see another season-long holdout like what happened in Pittsburgh then Dak will truly be exposed, so hopefully he gets his new deal first.

Edited by Oiler FANatic