2020 & Beyond

code

13 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hard to see JRob keeping Dion Lewis and DaQuan Jones in 2020 on their current projected salaries, even guys like Delanie Walker and Cameron Wake are potential cap casualties after this season depending on how they perform.

Butler as well. 

The key to making the whole thing work out is developing some undrafted guys so that they aren't a major weakness at the bottom of the roster.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

Butler as well. 

The key to making the whole thing work out is developing some undrafted guys so that they aren't a major weakness at the bottom of the roster.

While by no means unmanageable Butler's dead cap hit would be a little tougher to swallow than the other guys.

Will say though the 2020 draft reportedly looks to be pretty good at CB.

Would be so annoying if JRob has to ship most of his draft capital to move up for a QB.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

While by no means unmanageable Butler's dead cap hit would be a little tougher to swallow than the other guys.

Would be so annoying if JRob has to ship most of his draft capital to move up for a QB.

The 2020 QB is going to cost.  The unknown is whether it's in cap space or draft picks.

57 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hard to see JRob keeping Dion Lewis and DaQuan Jones in 2020 on their current projected salaries, even guys like Delanie Walker and Cameron Wake are potential cap casualties after this season depending on how they perform.

Walker's contract is up isn't it?

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

What I was referring to, is that if they want to build around a new QB, they'll have the flexibility to do so.  Perhaps I worded it poorly.  If so, my bad.  

I was worried about that, but the way the team is built, a decent journeyman could win while they develop a rookie the right way.  Tannehill, Hoyer, Taylor, Foles. There are always guys out there who can run an offense, then you bring in a couple of players to fit the rookie.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Also at RB, from what I read.

I think we are the kind of franchise that would bring Henry back if the offense looks good. Whether it is the right decision or not to pay a RB, that is another story. 

Let's say the bottom falls out. It would be pretty easy to reboot the offense. Tannehill comes back to be the vet bridge, ditch Marcus, ditch Henry, draft a QB and draft someone like Travis Etienne in the second round.