Soxcat

Mathematical Challenges to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

You are the one who said we should use social Darwinism. Don’t blame me for pointing out those connotations.

No, I said Darwinism applies to the human dynamic whether you like it or not, and that the ideology of Socialism runs counter to the principles of natural selection and survival of the fittest.

And it does, since humans are animalia first and foremost, and as a species, its development is hindered by Socialist principles that strive for equality of outcome.

 

So, by trying to claim you ascribe to both, your arguments are in conflict whether you realize it or not.  Your confirmation bias however, seems to be reason enough for you to ignore that fact.

And your tired demonization of anyone who reminds you of this fact is prima facie evidence of that.  You have no other argument.

You point fingers at others and call them science deniers, flat-earthers, Luddites, racists, white supremacists, etc., instead.

Because that's all you have.

 

 

 

Edited by TitanDuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

No, I said Darwinism applies to the human dynamic whether you like it or not, and that the ideology of Socialism runs counter to the principles of natural selection and survival of the fittest.

And it does, since humans are animalia first and foremost, and as a species, its development is hindered by Socialist principles that strive for equality of outcome.

 

So, by trying to claim you ascribe to both, your arguments are in conflict whether you realize it or not.  Your confirmation bias however, seems to be reason enough for you to ignore that fact.

And your tired demonization of anyone who reminds you of this fact is prima facie evidence of that.  You have no other argument.

You point fingers at others and call them science deniers, flat-earthers, Luddites, racists, white supremacists, etc., instead.

Because that's all you have.

As I said, attempting to apply Darwinian evolution to human society is all about dividing people. You people want to consider yourselves “the fittest” in his survival of the fittest mantra. You want an excuse to put yourselves at the top over everyone else.

 

Thats your excuse for anything that that happens to anyone who isn’t in the upper class of society. You can use it as an excuse for turning “inferior” people into slaves. Or keeping living in the gutters. Or denying them civil rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

As I said, attempting to apply Darwinian evolution to human society is all about dividing people. You people want to consider yourselves “the fittest” in his survival of the fittest mantra. You want an excuse to put yourselves at the top over everyone else.

There is no "attempting" of anything.  Darwinian theory is either accurate or it's not.

If it is, then Socialism runs counter to it.

There are a myriad of levels within society and human advancement that fall well short of a master/slave or ruler/subject, or tribal relationships.  That's a purely emo based way of describing the world in your preferred black and white 2nd grade terminology.

IOW, things aren't that simple.

 

Darwin's theory is dependent in incrementalism, and allows, or is even dependent on those many levels as examples of why/how it applies.

To humans especially, even outside of large societies, or within limited enclaves of humanity where societal constructs have been suppressed by geography or environmental conditions for example.  History is littered with those examples.

 

Governments and societies that strive for equality of outcome are artificial systemic boundaries designed to crush the Darwinian effect on humanity.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

There is no "attempting" of anything.  Darwinian theory is either accurate or it's not.

If it is, then Socialism runs counter to it.

There are a myriad of levels within society and human advancement that fall well short of a master/slave or ruler/subject, or tribal relationships.  That's a purely emo based way of describing the world in your preferred black and white 2nd grade terminology.

IOW, things aren't that simple.

 

Darwin's theory is dependent in incrementalism, and allows, or is even dependent on those many levels as examples of why/how it applies.

To humans especially, even outside of large societies, or within limited enclaves of humanity where societal constructs have been suppressed by geography or environmental conditions for example.  History is littered with those examples.

 

Governments and societies that strive for equality of outcome are artificial systemic boundaries designed to crush the Darwinian effect on humanity.

Darwinian evolution is about nature dumbass. Man made social structures don’t have shit to do with it. How many times do I have to tell you before it sinks in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can safely say humanity is out of the natural selection loop.

 

Bobby joe pumps Peggy sue full of three kids.  He then tries to jump his four wheeler over his trailer and is saved by a doctor with two biological children his whole life.  He goes on to pump Peggy sue, and her cousin Jesse Sue with four more kids each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Darwinian evolution is about nature dumbass. Man made social structures don’t have shit to do with it. How many times do I have to tell you before it sinks in?

So man, or humanity, is not part of nature eh?

 

My my, but you are an arrogant prick aren't you.

And an ignorant one at that, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

So man, or humanity, is not part of nature eh?

You think government is part of nature? I feel sorry for you...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duck in this thread is like a case study of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

 

Duck: babbles on and on about his weird philosophical bent that explains everything but also practically nothing.

 

anyone that’s not a paste eater:  there’s many holes in your logic, let me explain.

 

Duck:  this is just over your head and you don’t understand it.  My argument isn’t akin to an angsty 15 year old who is learning the theory of evolution more in depth for the first time.

 

Soxcat: yeah, whatever nonsensical bullshit he said.  Fuck the libs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Odd that, if Darwin's theory of "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" is the standard by which all living things progress, that so many modern societies ignore it to the extent they do.

 

For instance, when applied to humans and our societal, economic and government structural trends, it's almost the perfect inverse of socialism.

 

So do we believe in it or not, and if we do, then why aren't we allowing it to be used to preserve and improve the human species?

Are there science deniers among us?

It's not "ignored", if anything it's actively combated for the betterment of humanity. Animal species don't live in a world where a physically crippled member could do something amazing like advanced their knowledge, for instance, which is obviously not a good thing for that species as a whole. Humans are smart enough to enable that, and we have people like Stephen Hawking as a result.

 

Obviously you're entering very philosophical territory here but I don't see why acknowledging its existence and impact has to mean you also have to believe it will "preserve and improve the human species". That's a leap. I think the point of socialism is it won't do that, and I think you'll find just about every system in its own way is arguing the same thing, just with different approaches. As a crude approximation, they all just redefine what "fittest" is, unless you're advocating for a return to cave man times I guess, in which case it is going to be more relevant to the animal kingdom. Transplanting the theory onto complex human society is not what it is about, because it wasn't formed by observing that.

Edited by OzTitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dollop said:

I think we can safely say humanity is out of the natural selection loop.

 

Bobby joe pumps Peggy sue full of three kids.  He then tries to jump his four wheeler over his trailer and is saved by a doctor with two biological children his whole life.  He goes on to pump Peggy sue, and her cousin Jesse Sue with four more kids each.

I know Bobby Joe..  He wears a MAGA hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Little Earl said:

Better chance of that than all life evolved to what it is today from nothing.  

X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OzTitan said:

It's not "ignored", if anything it's actively combated for the betterment of humanity. Animal species don't live in a world where a physically crippled member could do something amazing like advanced their knowledge, for instance, which is obviously not a good thing for that species as a whole. Humans are smart enough to enable that, and we have people like Stephen Hawking as a result.

 

Obviously you're entering very philosophical territory here but I don't see why acknowledging its existence and impact has to mean you also have to believe it will "preserve and improve the human species". That's a leap. I think the point of socialism is it won't do that, and I think you'll find just about every system in its own way is arguing the same thing, just with different approaches. As a crude approximation, they all just redefine what "fittest" is, unless you're advocating for a return to cave man times I guess, in which case it is going to be more relevant to the animal kingdom. Transplanting the theory onto complex human society is not what it is about, because it wasn't formed by observing that.

Made me think of this from a few days ago:

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/10/warren-buffett-what-id-do-differently-to-live-a-happier-life.html

 

Buffett acknowledged that not everyone is as lucky as he is because it all depends on the system that one is born into.

”[Bill] Gates says that if I’d been born three million years ago, I would’ve been some animal’s lunch. He says, ‘You can’t run very fast, you can’t climb trees, you can’t do anything. You’d just be chewed up the first day,’” said Buffett.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.