Rolltide

The abject racism of the climate change fraud...

It’d be a lot more intellectually honest if you just said you don’t give a shit. There’s a decent argument, although somewhat nihilistic, that we are not in a place from a technological standpoint where not relying mostly on fossil fuels is possible (or without completely destroying the world economy and hitting developing nations hardest because of the cost) and any attempts to address it now are just unnecessary band-aids.

Tony Bourdain was very good at bashing the elitism of western vegetarians. In this article an actual vegan sees the problem with those from wealthy countries expecting people from the developing world to change the way they eat which is in a way changing their culture. Like it could be racist. 

https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/veganism-elitism-eating-ethically-luxury/

So it makes total sense, in terms of environment, health and animal welfare, to advocate a global vegan movement. It does not make sense, however, on a practical level. At least not for the humans who are giving up foods that have nourished them their whole lives, that are deeply rooted in  tradition, and that remain a main source of protein for them and their families.

Edited by Rolltide

9 minutes ago, Dollop said:

It’d be a lot more intellectually honest if you just said you don’t give a shit. There’s a decent argument, although somewhat nihilistic, that we are not in a place from a technological standpoint where not relying mostly on fossil fuels is possible (or without completely destroying the world economy and hitting developing nations hardest because of the cost) and any attempts to address it now are just unnecessary band-aids.

I'm saying you don't give a shit. 

A white person from a wealthy country like the USA telling Africans they need to stop having kids and stop eating traditional foods is racist!

27 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I'm saying you don't give a shit. 

A white person from a wealthy country like the USA telling Africans they need to stop having kids and stop eating traditional foods is racist!

Do you even read the posts you respond too or do you just immediately start rollposting?  I said that’s a valid argument (even if that’s not and excuse for wealthy nations to try to do something).  I’m a white person in a wealthy country who drives and explorer and eats a shit ton of steaks.  I’m just not going to deny science because it makes me feel better about my lifestyle or my politics say so.

and I would never tell Africans that.  My GF’s parents are from Ghana and she’s a bomb ass cook.  That shit is delicious.

1 hour ago, Dollop said:

Exactly. That would at least be a logically consistent stance instead of this drivel. 

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

In the late 80s idiots seriously predicted that temps would rise globally by 6-9 degrees within 30 years. They seriously predicted sea levels would rise 20 feet in that time. 

Temps have risen less than 1 degree F and sea levels in over 100 years from 1900 to 2016 went up just 8 inches. 

The lies today are far worse because even after none of this happened over 30 years they are still predicting these outrageous things. They never stop because it is about a government control over our economy and an attack on capitalism. 

Please provide this so that we can all see just how badly how you misinterpret data. 

https://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/04/no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-9-months-a-new-record-the-pause-lengthens-again-just-in-time-for-un-summit-in-paris/

Plenty of evidence showing little or no warming for almost two decades and an overall rate of just 1.3 degrees Celsius the last century.

Predictions have been so shit awful I'm surprised some of you have the balls to argue the point. 

Edited by Soxcat

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

https://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/04/no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-9-months-a-new-record-the-pause-lengthens-again-just-in-time-for-un-summit-in-paris/

Plenty of evidence showing little or no warming for almost two decades and an overall rate of just 1.3 degrees Celsius the last century.

Predictions have been so shit awful I'm surprised some of you have the balls to argue the point. 

Be careful with that data as it looks to be 4 years old, and the most recent trend has been very hot summers and very destructive storms.  And then there's this to consider:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: ClimateDepot.com is the website of Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow employee Marc Morano, a conservative global warming denier who previously served as environmental communications director for a vocal political denier of climate change, Republican Sen. James Inhofe (Sourcewatch). (D. Van Zandt 12/26/2016)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/climate-depot/#prettyPhoto

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Predictions that are embarrassing they suck so bad but they still act as if this is hard science and not in dispute. 

One of the main point men for global warming is Princeton professor Michael Oppenheimer. He is Al Gore's main point man for his book and bullshit film. This was a prediction Oppenheimer made about 1996. 1996!

“greenhouse effect” would be “desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots.” By 1996, he added, the Platte River of Nebraska “would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers.” The situation would get so bad that “Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico seeking work as field hands.”

That is science? 

Edited by Rolltide

The population myth, lie starts in the 18th century. Thomas Malthus wrote about a catastrophe where there would be too many people for agricultural production. Of course famine is a part of human history. 

The problem with  those who claim we have an over population problem it automatically has racial elements to it. Too many of those people over there not too many of my people. That is why Pat Robertson idiotically became pro abortion when it came to China. There are too many of "them people" in China. Malthus' population theories combined perfectly with eugenics which not only wanted to solve the population problem but solve it by reducing the numbers of undesirable people to make a smarter and better population. Undesirable? Blacks, Jews, the handicapped and the retarded. 

This is the basis of our modern environmentalist movement and the abortion rights movement. Margaret Sanger was a Malthusian eugenicist. So was Adolph Hitler. Something to think about next time you want to call Trump a Nazi. 

Edited by Rolltide