QB Controversy

Denali

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

2 hours ago, nine said:

For what it's worth....I recently watched a few games of coaches' film on Jake Locker.    

You remember back in high school when you'd meet a couple girls,  it was always the really hot chick you want to get with and then her friend..."but she has a really great personality".  Right?

Well, lemme tell ya......as a quarterback, Jake Locker had a really great personality!

If you think Marcus is bad....go back and watch some of Locker's film.  It's friggin' brutal.

It's why I somewhat understand the Mariota love. Our QBs have been so bad that Mariota seems like a superstar ... especially at the beginning. He was such a breath of fresh air.

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I heard a few people speculate the team told the ESPN  chick it was an open comp to put pressure on MM

It makes sense considering Robinson said it was a reason for getting RT

Teams do this

Likely. Russini had a reputation for reporting on anything that comes her way regardless of whether its true or not. She was the local nbc sports person before she took the espn job. The story below is my personal favorite.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/redskins-scot-mccloughan-wife-espn_n_55e83b8ce4b0aec9f35616a3

47 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Honestly, Tennessee seems to truly have a QB-love problem among it's fanbase.

If you're the starting QB for the Titans, its fans and media don't want to let you go until someone in the building has the balls.

Edited by big2033

I don't see a problem with the local media countering the national narrative that there is a QB comp because there isn't one. Are they supposed to run with a narrative they know to be false just because Mariota has struggled? I get that some want more criticism of Mariota in general but this doesn't seem to be a real issue.

7 hours ago, scine09 said:

I think there's a confidence issue that's stemmed from multiple factors.  When he's felt confident he's thrown the ball extremely well.  He looked mighty confident in the Philly, NE, Dallas and the end of the Jets game last year.  When he starts double clutching, particularly when he's throwing to his right, that's when he really struggles.  And how many times (I think this was more of a problem in 2017) has he thrown that typical INT into double or triple coverage when no one was open and he tried to force it after double clutching?

I don't know if I believe this.  How does this explain the crappy starts to games in the first half?  The Redskins and the Jets?  I think it's more mechanical than confidence.  Now his mechanical issues could lead to a lack of confidence.

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The local media didn’t know Mett was starting over Locker and didn’t know MM wasn’t playing week 17 last year 

If only we had a dick-sucking hottie like Russini that you guys referred to earlier!

Edited by Denali

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

I don't know if I believe this.  How does this explain the crappy starts to games in the first half?  The Redskins and the Jets?  I think it's more mechanical than confidence.  Now his mechanical issues could lead to a lack of confidence.

The Redskins?  He didn’t start slowly in that game.  He was in for 3 drives two of which resulted in points and he got hurt before the third one could end.

Edited by scine09