Mythos27   
36 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Let's stop maligning Alex (3x Pro Bowler) Smith by comparison.

I really thought Mariota was very similar to him coming out and would turn out to be a slightly better version but at this point if I was Alex Smith and heard someone compare me to Mariota, I'd tell them to go f themselves.

OILERMAN   

The talk of "an open competition" is over done. They already know all they need to know about both guys. 

If I had to guess they are giving MM every chance to hold on to the job. Very likely into the regular season provided MM doesn't keep stinking it up. If MM doesn't start playing well in practice and in the games he's in danger of not starting the season. 

It's not going to be a case of Tannehill beating him in a QB competition, it's going to be a case of MM not doing enough to hold on to the job. 

I believe a repeat of PSG3 last season would possibly get him the hook

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I really thought Mariota was very similar to him coming out and would turn out to be a slightly better version but at this point if I was Alex Smith and heard someone compare me to Mariota, I'd tell them to go f themselves.

I've been saying for two years people were insulting Alex Smith 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Smith was pretty terrible until his 6th year and lost his job in the 7th to Kaep after his injury lol. 

Mythos27   
3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Smith was pretty terrible until his 6th year and lost his job in the 7th to Kaep after his injury lol. 

He was but present day Alex Smith isn't thinking of himself as that same guy. If you used to be really ugly and fixed yourself up a bit to the point you're decent looking, your wouldn't want some mofo comparing you to flavor flave under any circumstances lmao.

patsplat   
6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

So you mean to say Alex Smith signed an extension to his rookie deal?

japan   
42 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

I'd like to see what we can get out of Tannehill.  He may not be the QB that we want, but an accurate, decisive QB with a decent set of balls is definitely an upgrade and could do wonders for the offense.  Looking at him from a physical standpoint  , he's got everything that we'd be looking for in a prospect in the draft, and there's no guarantee that those guys will pan out better in the NFL.

I am excited that he's here and I think he's a little better than some are giving him credit for.  No lost seasons.

4 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I'd like to see what we can get out of Tannehill.  He may not be the QB that we want, but an accurate, decisive QB with a decent set of balls is definitely an upgrade and could do wonders for the offense.  Looking at him from a physical standpoint  , he's got everything that we'd be looking for in a prospect in the draft, and there's no guarantee that those guys will pan out better in the NFL.

And that would be another point. I believe he is so afraid of failure he won't cut the ball loose or throw into tight windows. Could be his upbringing. Whatever it is he has a fear of letting it go.  It's only when the game is at the end and we have to score he does better. If he played the entire game this way we wouldn't need these dramatic comebacks.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

Mythos27   
1 minute ago, JoelinBellevue said:

And that would be another point. I believe he is so afraid of failure he won't cut the ball loose or throw into tight windows. Could be his upbringing. Whatever it is he has a fear of letting it go.  It's only when the game is at the end and we have to score he does better. If he played the entire game this way we need these dramatic comebacks.

He's uber conservative by nature and probably gets a touch of paralysis by analysis. 

13 hours ago, Titans279 said:

It makes no sense that they know they will say goodbye to MM and think RT is better given they named Mariota the starter, did not have an open competition, have given Mariota all the practice time, and played him as the starter. 

The explanations that makes sense of the facts are:

thinking MM is better than RT, 

still believing he could turn it around and be the future, or

being forced to by AAS. 

I dont agree with Oman's premise. If it's true then jrob should be criticized for not doing something about the QB position in the offseason. The more likely scenario is they want to see if he turns it around based on the team's investment in Mariota. 

ctm   
7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I dont agree with Oman's premise. If it's true then jrob should be criticized for not doing something about the QB position in the offseason. The more likely scenario is they want to see if he turns it around based on the team's investment in Mariota. 

I don't think the team has already made a decision and know what they are going to do at year end.  It's in the teams interest for MM to work out.  As I posted in another thread, QB hell is not a good place to be.

OILERMAN   
11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They did do something about the QB position, they got the best QB available 

Denali   
11 hours ago, bosss50 said:

Just a little WTF for you guys.

Well, I'm convinced now.

Thank you for posting this beautiful video.