15 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Grow up. You're as bad as the Mariota nut-huggers.

Grow up?  The guys like 70!

4 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

After practice today, a practice in which Tannehill looked sharp connecting pass after pass, Mariota walked over to the reporters discussing how good Tannehill looked, telling them," watch this."  Mariota walked right next to a building and threw the ball at the building and proceeding to catch the pass.  After he caught the pass, Mariota shouted to the reporters, "remember when I did that in a game for a touch down."  Mariota then went to the locker room. 

None of the reporters knew what to say and remained quiet for a few minutes, then one of them broke the silence to say, "man, that was sad" to which another one replied, "I think he was kidding." "No, I saw him a few minutes earlier when he was practicing it on the other side of the building and it took him many tries to get it right." 

I knew he was schizophrenic.

11 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Tannehill took far, far more hits than Mariota did at this point in his career, and missed 0 time.  Mariota is glass.  Tannehill is human.

I’d love to see your stat breakdown here... 

8 minutes ago, titanruss said:

I’d love to see your stat breakdown here... 

I don't know where to find those stats by QB but NFL.com publishes them by team.  And if you look at the yearly numbers of QB hits allowed by team, the Dolphins have given up a lot more QB hits.  In fact, since we drafted Mariota, our OL has typically been one of the better teams in the league at not having the QB hit.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2013&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

Edited by abenjami

9 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Yeah no one knows. Listen to the interview though. 

Allbright is saying Mariota will be given every opportunity to be the starter. He says he’ll be the starter until “he can’t be” because there’s still a chance he could “get it” while we know who RT is already (a stop gap). Mariota could be “the future.”

Maybe I’m being too literal but to me it sounds like he’s saying they’re going to sink or swim with Mariota unless he gets injured.

Hes saying nothing. It’s similar to the way a particular person here posts. 

He is the guy.. until he’s not

they will play him ... until they dont

they want him to succeed and will give him opportunities to succeed... until they switch to someone else. 

But he’s framing it in a way that it’s some sort of unique knowledge. 

Its literally nothing. Anyone could say that about any QB and you could lie all day about it and never be proven wrong, only right. 

Its complete horseshit and a waste of words.. but people with low IQs think it’s a prediction or smart. 

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I don't know where to find those stats by QB but NFL.com publishes them by team.  And if you look at the yearly numbers of QB hits allowed by team, the Dolphins have given up a lot more QB hits.  In fact, since we drafted Mariota, our OL has typically been one of the better teams in the league at not having the QB hit.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT&tabSeq=2&season=2013&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=true&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=false

I remember that. I was thinking more on a per pass basis.  .. but I realize the argument is total hits. 

These don’t factor in runs either.. which even though tannehill was used there , it wasn’t to the level mariota was. 

You cant really take anything the people in the organization say seriously. Remember the owner was the one that said Mularkey was the coach going forward. We might get to a point that the owner has to come out and publicly announce Mariota is the "starter going forward" after the Pats game since its more of a high profile game. Its been said that this is the hardest org to get any real info from. Since the starters usually dont play game 4 Mariota needs to win the job with the next 2 games. Is his to lose so he doesnt have to do anything spectacular to win it but he has to be better than game 1. We start 0-2 because of below average (not necessarily poor) QB play is when I think they will pull the trigger.

11 hours ago, abenjami said:

I can't remember what it was, but a couple years ago this Benjamin Allbright guy made a fool of himself about something.  It was discussed on the board and we all laughed at him.

I tried to find it using the search feature but came up empty.  Maybe someone with better search skills can find it?

Albright was the guy who said we were 100% not going to draft Mariota. There board at the time, even the people who now hate him, were extremely invested in wanting to draft him and Albright saying that it wasn't happening pissed them off enough that they trolled him on Twitter (iirc).  He was actually a guest on the now defunct podcast if memory serves.