Jump to content

Recommended Posts

FRT   
5 hours ago, abc2330 said:

You are the most worthless poster on this forum.

It is obvious you don’t read every post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japan   
2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just listening to the Allbright interview on 102.5, he had absolutely no insider information and everything was just his own personal opinion on the Mariota/Tannehill situation.

 

For those interested you can find the interview by scrolling down here.

 

 

Just what I thought. Except you won’t here much from the crowd who kept chanting ‘decision maker’ over and over again...

Edited by japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soxcat   

Imagine the scenario where Mariota is super reliable and the Titans want one more year out of him to decide.  Then they really don't need Tannehill.  You can find some young guy to finish out the season if things go down the drain (get a better draft pick and let a young guy get some reps).  Point being is they really believe Tannehill is going to play.  Either Mariota is gong to get hurt or suck bad enough they decide to go with someone else.  

 

So no, there might not be a legit QB competition but the purpose of bringing in Tannehill is that we have a chance despite Mariota getting hurt or sucking.  They certainly can't wait too long to make a switch if things aren't going well because then it is too late to get back into the playoff fight.  Mariota better stay healthy and be productive or he is going to be replaced.  We don't need insider info to figure that out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I don't even think the most ardent of Mariota supporters believe he has the full year carte blanche to prove it.  He still is likely to start the year as the starter but if he doesn't produce, there's no question they would go to Tannehill as opposed to sacrificing the entire season.  Perhaps the rest of TC and preseason could change that.

 

The length of the leash Vrabel has with Mariota is really the unknown question. 

Yeah no one knows. Listen to the interview though. 
 

Allbright is saying Mariota will be given every opportunity to be the starter. He says he’ll be the starter until “he can’t be” because there’s still a chance he could “get it” while we know who RT is already (a stop gap). Mariota could be “the future.”
 

Maybe I’m being too literal but to me it sounds like he’s saying they’re going to sink or swim with Mariota unless he gets injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Yeah no one knows. Listen to the interview though. 
 

Allbright is saying Mariota will be given every opportunity to be the starter. He says he’ll be the starter until “he can’t be” because there’s still a chance he could “get it” while we know who RT is already (a stop gap). Mariota could be “the future.”
 

Maybe I’m being too literal but to me it sounds like he’s saying they’re going to sink or swim with Mariota unless he gets injured.

I think the last part is too literal. I have almost no doubt Vrabel will pull the plug on Mariota if he isn’t producing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I think the last part is too literal. I have almost no doubt Vrabel will pull the plug on Mariota if he isn’t producing. 

Sure, there should come a point where if he’s sucking and the team’s losing they give up on MM getting it and go to RT. 
 

I would be surprised if that happens on or before week 1 which is where the original debate with OMAN started with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Sure, there should come a point where if he’s sucking and the team’s losing they give up on MM getting it and go to RT. 
 

I would be surprised if that happens on or before week 1 which is where the original debate with OMAN started with. 

I gotcha. I give it 2-4 games at most. This roster is ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just listening to the Allbright interview on 102.5, he had absolutely no insider information and everything was just his own personal opinion on the Mariota/Tannehill situation.

 

For those interested you can find the interview by scrolling down here.

 

 

Typical albright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

What was the context and overall discussion here? Did PK add anything else?

They were discussing MM overall, PK said Maroita has been up and down through mini camp and training but this past weekend he watched closely and saw what Cosell had talked about as far as MM processing things too slowly. He said it had nothing to do with Tanny, only MM’s play. 

 

They went on to say if MM continues to struggle and Tanny looks good through the NE game it could turn into something locally

 

PK said he always though MM could be the long term guy but was lower on him than ever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

They were discussing MM overall, PK said Maroita has been up and down through mini camp and training but this past weekend he watched closely and saw what Cosell had talked about as far as MM processing things too slowly. He said it had nothing to do with Tanny, only MM’s play. 

 

They went on to say if MM continues to struggle and Tanny looks good through the NE game it could turn into something locally

 

PK said he always though MM could be the long term guy but was lower on him than ever 

https://post.futurimedia.com/wgfx/playlist/23/listen-4987.html?cb=1565636534.951933

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bosss50   
1 hour ago, japan said:

How can you post or trust anything this Albright guy says after he just admitted to making shit up?

Most of what anybody on this board says about MM8 is made up (so called experts).  If you want to take someones word  in the know,  about the Titans QB situation. Look up what JRob and MVrabel had to say.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to be a complete homer to not acknowledge the deficiencies with Mariota. I support him until he is no longer the starting QB. Then, I support whomever is. 

 

JRob and Vrabel are committed to giving him one last shot, but you shouldn’t think for one second they won’t pull the plug on the experiment if it’s leading to losing games. This roster is stacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRT   
3 minutes ago, bosss50 said:

Most of what anybody on this board says about MM8 is made up (so called experts).  If you want to take someones word  in the know,  about the Titans QB situation. Look up what JRob and MVrabel had to say.  

Don't have to look up anything.  Going into his final year (5) of rookie contract.  Look at the guy drafted in the first on the Titans the year before MM.  Just happens to play the second most critical position on O.  He got his second contract the camp before his fifth year.  Tells me all I need to know.

 

Lewan for the slow crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...