Recommended Posts

Just listening to the Allbright interview on 102.5, he had absolutely no insider information and everything was just his own personal opinion on the Mariota/Tannehill situation.

 

For those interested you can find the interview by scrolling down here.

 

 

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

So a guy suffering an injury after taking a shot to the knee is injury prone?  I'm sorry if I disagree with that.  QBs are injury prone by definition, which is why so much is invested in the O line, LT specifically.  The worse the O line, the more shots they will take, and the more likely they are going to suffer from one which takes them out.  His came in the pocket, while several of Mariota's were more of his own doing IMO and makes me more uneasy about his durability

What I’m saying is it doesn’t matter how the injury happens; if it happens and frequently, then that’s injury prone. 

 

And all I was saying was I think your disdain for one and love for another has clouded a bit of your judgement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Tannehill took far, far more hits than Mariota did at this point in his career, and missed 0 time.  Mariota is glass.  Tannehill is human.

Both are injury prone. Don't be biased because you hate one player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

 

What was the context and overall discussion here? Did PK add anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Both are injury prone. Don't be biased because you hate one player.

That's such a fucking stupid argument.  If you get injured behind a top 5 OL, like Mariota has twice, you are fragile.  Getting injured after 5 years of playing behind bottom 5 OLs, and blaming the QB for that, is like neglecting to change the oil in your car and then bitching at it when it breaks down.  If you don't take care of your shit, it will break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

That's such a fucking stupid argument.  If you get injured behind a top 5 OL, like Mariota has twice, you are fragile.  Getting injured after 5 years of playing behind bottom 5 OLs, and blaming the QB for that, is like neglecting to change the oil in your car and then bitching at it when it breaks down.  If you don't take care of your shit, it will break.

Well then you shouldn't like my arguments against Mariota either.

 

The good ones overcome any deficiencies their line or WRs or TEs have. If you can't do that over 4-5 years it's on you. Tannehill is not some star waiting to be unlocked. He's a backup for a reason. 

 

There are been plenty of instances where the Titans Oline has been blamed for issues that Mariota has caused. The same could be said for Tannehill. 

 

Bad QBs, get sacked more regardless of their oline. Maybe Tannehill should just play better? Plenty of QBs have had bad olines and still dominate. Russell Wilson for one. 

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just listening to the Allbright interview on 102.5, he had absolutely no insider information and everything was just his own personal opinion on the Mariota/Tannehill situation.

Shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just listening to the Allbright interview on 102.5, he had absolutely no insider information and everything was just his own personal opinion on the Mariota/Tannehill situation.

 

For those interested you can find the interview by scrolling down here.

 

 

Yep. He thinks Tannehill is better if healthy but made sure to say the team is giving Mariota this year to prove he’s the guy. He did not even hint that the team was going to bench Mariota any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

What was the context and overall discussion here? Did PK add anything else?

I just saw the tweet.  Interesting only from the standpoint that PK goes to almost every practice and just the other day was poo poo ing the Tannehill support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even think the most ardent of Mariota supporters believe he has the full year carte blanche to prove it.  He still is likely to start the year as the starter but if he doesn't produce, there's no question they would go to Tannehill as opposed to sacrificing the entire season.  Perhaps the rest of TC and preseason could change that.

 

The length of the leash Vrabel has with Mariota is really the unknown question. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

They both have injury problems but of different kinds. 
 

Mariota’s failed to finish a season due to injury 3 out of 4 of his seasons. 
 

Tannehill has only failed to finish a season 1 out of 7 years due to a preseason ACL tear. 
 

If you’re trying to be “great” you need your QB at the end of the year. 

2 of 7 fyi.... Either way, the great QBs fail their team and "waste" a season every year they aren't available come January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Well then you shouldn't like my arguments against Mariota either.

 

The good ones overcome any deficiencies their line or WRs or TEs have. If you can't do that over 4-5 years it's on you. Tannehill is not some star waiting to be unlocked. He's a backup for a reason. 

 

There are been plenty of instances where the Titans Oline has been blamed for issues that Mariota has caused. The same could be said for Tannehill. 

 

Bad QBs, get sacked more regardless of their oline. Maybe Tannehill should just play better? Plenty of QBs have had bad olines and still dominate. Russell Wilson for one. 

Tom Brady got knocked out of the game for the same exact hit that Tannehill took.  I get what you are saying as far as pocket presence is concerned, they are obviously not on that level.  But there is only so much the body can handle, and only so much the QB can do to prevent that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Tom Brady got knocked out of the game for the same exact hit that Tannehill took.  I get what you are saying as far as pocket presence is concerned, they are obviously not on that level.  But there is only so much the body can handle, and only so much the QB can do to prevent that.

Yes, but if he keeps taking those hits he's not some HOFer with bad luck. He is what he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.