QB Controversy

Denali

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

7 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

i think it's very possible that AAS has said (maybe not directly but indirectly) my 20 million dollars is gonna be on the field.

It’s also better for marketing and stuff to have MM, face of the team for years, still be marketed. I’ve wondering if it could be partially a business decision. 

It’s not like RT is miles ahead of MM anyway. Maybe it’s smarter from a business standpoint to see if MM can get it done and make the switch if you have to during the season. 

10 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

It’s also better for marketing and stuff to have MM, face of the team for years, still be marketed. I’ve wondering if it could be partially a business decision. 

It’s not like RT is miles ahead of MM anyway. Maybe it’s smarter from a business standpoint to see if MM can get it done and make the switch if you have to during the season. 

and if better for marketing than that is probably a significant dollar amount also.  Off-setting what your paying MM.

I don't like to pretend to know if RT is better...I don't care that he looked good against #2s in a pre-season game.  He's an 8 yr vet..he should look good against guys trying to make a team.  He's got plenty of actual game film on him and I haven't really watched any of it.  Situation and his overall record tell me he's not better or worse...just about the same.

the worst think IMO that could happen is they go with Tannehill and he is just what you thought he would be...so so.

that would just be bad for everyone and then it would be really bad to switch back to MM and he look good.

If they don't like MM and the plan is to get  new QB next year then just try to piece it together and QB by committee it...but I think they are sure as hell starting with MM.

AAS isn’t like her dad;  she’s not the type to dictate that a lesser player be put on the field just because he’s paid more.

JRob and Vrabel were hired to make football decisions.  I’m sure AAS is involved in many of those conversations...but ultimately, but she  trusts and expects them to do their jobs and to do whatever they feel gives the team the best chance of winning.  

I'd guess Vrabel's plan is more to run the offense through the running game and the passing game will come from playaction, RPOs and a dumbed down running QB offense. He wanted Day badly, who would have obviously ran that type of scheme. 

They'll want to keep MM out of drop back passing situations. 

It will be hard to do with this schedule 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd guess Vrabel's plan is more to run the offense through the running game and the passing game will come from playaction, RPOs and a dumbed down running QB offense. He wanted Day badly, who would have obviously ran that type of scheme. 

They'll want to keep MM out of drop back passing situations. 

It will be hard to do with this schedule 

11 in the box!

8 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

My entire post is contingent on the decision-makers knowing that Mariota sucks. I don't actually think that but a couple of posters sure seem to. I get that a QBOTF was probably out of our reach this year but we could've gotten in on the Foles sweepstakes,  tried to move up for Haskins, drafted Lock as was rumored,  or even try to amass trade capital for the next draft. The fact that we didn't do any of this suggests to me the FO is not as desperate as is being implied.

We just never really know the entire story being fans.  It's entirely possible they hated Haskins and were planning to trade out of #19 to get some draft capital for next year and then just couldn't pass up Simmons when he was available.