QB Controversy

Denali

38 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You have to be a complete homer to not acknowledge the deficiencies with Mariota. I support him until he is no longer the starting QB. Then, I support whomever is. 

JRob and Vrabel are committed to giving him one last shot, but you shouldn’t think for one second they won’t pull the plug on the experiment if it’s leading to losing games. This roster is stacked. 

The Titans restructured Tannehill's contract into a deal that will pay him $7 million fully guaranteed with a chance to make up to $12 million in incentives for the 2019 season, a source told ESPN. The deal was made easier for Tennessee since Miami will pay $5 million of the guaranteed money. Mariota is going to make  20 million this year, I believe guaranteed.  He is not going to be pulled for anybody this year. If he gits injured all bets are off.

Edited by bosss50

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I know.  Some of you think this isn't even a controversy at this point, but I'll ask anyway.   Who wins the training camp battle for backup QB? Woodside or Mariota?  

Joel’s pulled his cock out of Gabbert’s ass and went straight to Tannehill!

Dolphins fan here. I wanted to check in to see what Titans fans thought of RT so far. I liked him in Miami, and felt like he had more in him than the coaches ever got out of him. I'm rooting for him t

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

All I was saying is the talk was starting to go off the rails.

There’s no signs that Mariota will get benched before the season starts or in game one as OMAN and others were starting to say. 

If they’re possibly going to bench him in week 1 they should have just made it an open completion.

If things are going really terrible week 4 seems like a possible time to make the switch because it’s after the TNF game so it gives you a little extra time to install RT.

Barring injury that seems like the soonest likely time to me. 

Just given how they have treated the situation I don’t see how Mariota doesn’t get multiple games. 

‘Decision Makers!!!’

A to Z sports podcast were taking comments about whether the QB controversy was minor or a big deal. They were surprised at the negative comments about MM they were getting......lol 

Dan Orlovsky said today the leash was super short(and should be) and Vrabel won't hold the team back by keeping MM in the line-up

After practice today, a practice in which Tannehill looked sharp connecting pass after pass, Mariota walked over to the reporters discussing how good Tannehill looked, telling them," watch this."  Mariota walked right next to a building and threw the ball at the building and proceeding to catch the pass.  After he caught the pass, Mariota shouted to the reporters, "remember when I did that in a game for a touch down."  Mariota then went to the locker room. 

None of the reporters knew what to say and remained quiet for a few minutes, then one of them broke the silence to say, "man, that was sad" to which another one replied, "I think he was kidding." "No, I saw him a few minutes earlier when he was practicing it on the other side of the building and it took him many tries to get it right." 

Edited by 9 Nines

The Midday 180 crew all thought there was no chance Mariota isn’t the starter going into the season. 

They put a Podcast segment out talking about Mariota/RT stuff today.

Yeah, I totally agree if MM is sucking eventually you go to RT.

My point is if as a coach you’re thinking there’s a good chance he might suck enough in the first few weeks that you have to bench him how can you not have just had an open completion? Seems dumb. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

The Midday 180 crew all thought there was no chance Mariota isn’t the starter going into the season. 

My point is if as a coach you’re thinking there’s a good chance he might suck enough in the first few weeks that you have to bench him how can you not have just had an open completion? Seems dumb. 

Yeah.  Like I said, there is little to no chance that Mariota is benched before game 1. Now, he may not make it out of the first 4 games without Lewan, then they would go with Tannehill and not look back, if he plays well enough. 

41 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Sure sounds to me like you and others are trying to project your opinions garnered from the outside onto people in the building. The answer is Vrabel doesn't share your view that there's a good chance of that happening. 

6 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I imagine Tanne got hurt doing his job. Looking downfield for a target. That's what he did last week. Mariota got hurt trying to escape the pocket and on a handoff.  Very different circumstances, and knees are fragile. Ask Simmons and Smith. 

You nailed it.

I can't remember what it was, but a couple years ago this Benjamin Allbright guy made a fool of himself about something.  It was discussed on the board and we all laughed at him.

I tried to find it using the search feature but came up empty.  Maybe someone with better search skills can find it?

1 hour ago, No1TitansFan said:

Sure sounds to me like you and others are trying to project your opinions garnered from the outside onto people in the building. The answer is Vrabel doesn't share your view that there's a good chance of that happening. 

Eh?

my point is exactly what you’re saying. the team clearly isn’t thinking that Mariota will completely bomb or they wouldn’t have declared him the starter and not have had a competition. 

That’s what it seems like based on the facts we know. 

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I imagine Tanne got hurt doing his job. Looking downfield for a target. That's what he did last week. Mariota got hurt trying to escape the pocket and on a handoff.  Very different circumstances, and knees are fragile. Ask Simmons and Smith. 

Grow up. You're as bad as the Mariota nut-huggers.

11 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Tannehill took far, far more hits than Mariota did at this point in his career, and missed 0 time.  Mariota is glass.  Tannehill is human.

I’d love to see your stat breakdown here...